PDA

View Full Version : another question about 6600LE and GT

Eddie G
February 28th 06, 06:41 PM
Another question...my system is AGP and I bought the 256mb 6600LE.
After a previous post I thought I should return it and get a 6600GT.
The challange is my system is AGP, not PCI, so there aren't many
choices for me. Now, I found a 256mb GT AGP for $190 and paid $103 for
the LE. If I return the LE there is a 15% restocking fee. Is the
difference in price worth it?

I downloaded the Rivatuner but have not yet read how do use it for my
LE card...

Thanks!!

Eddie G

DaveL
March 1st 06, 01:42 AM
Here's the deal. Do you play a lot of PC games? Do you have at least a 2
ghz PC? If yes to both then I'd say return the LE and get the GT. As
others have said, you don't need 256 MB.

I like this card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122206

Or this one for $120 after rebate:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130220
That one is the same as the one on Ebay.

If you really want 256MB then get this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814133422
This one is much faster than the 6600GT.

DaveL

"Eddie G" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Another question...my system is AGP and I bought the 256mb 6600LE.
> After a previous post I thought I should return it and get a 6600GT.
> The challange is my system is AGP, not PCI, so there aren't many
> choices for me. Now, I found a 256mb GT AGP for $190 and paid $103 for
> the LE. If I return the LE there is a 15% restocking fee. Is the
> difference in price worth it?
>
> I downloaded the Rivatuner but have not yet read how do use it for my
> LE card...
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Eddie G

Eddie G
March 1st 06, 05:32 PM
I have a 1.7ghz processor and got the 128mb GT.

Thanks! I am sorry I have been such a pest, but I like to get as much
input from as many people as possible.

Eddie