PDA

View Full Version : My Monitor won't show anything

Chibi Goku
February 16th 06, 03:11 PM
Hey,
I have a KV8 Pro Motherboard
I've connected everything, power turns on, fans works, But my monitor
won't show anything..it just goes straight to standby. I've tried
several other monitors but they do the same thing.
The motherboard shows the 2 LEDs lit one green and one red
The post code is 9.0
There's not even a beep.

System Specifications

CPU: AMD Sempron 2600+

Power Supply: Sprite 500W
http://www.overclockers.co.nz/product/psu/jsp.shtml

RAM: Crucial 512MB 184-pin DIMM DDR PC3200 CL=3 UNBUFFERED NON-ECC
DDR400

Graphics Card: PNY Verto GeForce 6 6600GT AGP8x 128MB GDDR3

I've really had enough, but i don't want to buy a new board

Please help me.

Thank you for your time.

--
Chibi Goku
Chibi Goku's Profile: http://www.highdots.net/m67

Ville Muikkula
February 16th 06, 04:25 PM
Chibi Goku > wrote:

> I've connected everything, power turns on, fans works, But my monitor
> won't show anything..it just goes straight to standby.

Have you tried clearing the CMOS? The jumper location and further
instructions are in the manual.

Brian K
February 16th 06, 06:37 PM
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 15:25:58 +0000, Ville Muikkula wrote:

> Chibi Goku > wrote:
>
>> I've connected everything, power turns on, fans works, But my monitor
>> won't show anything..it just goes straight to standby.
>
> Have you tried clearing the CMOS? The jumper location and further
> instructions are in the manual.

Are you using an addon graphics card? It could be that your motherboard
has integrated graphics that are set as the default and are being
initialized as the primary display. Inspect the ports on the motherboard
carefully and see if you've overlooked an integrated graphics card.

Brian K

Chibi Goku
February 16th 06, 07:10 PM
Ville Muikkula Wrote:
> Chibi Goku <Chibi.Goku.23buq0 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.yourdomain.com.au>
> wrote:
>

> Have you tried clearing the CMOS? The jumper location and further
> instructions are in the manual.

Yeah i've already done that.

Brian K Wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 15:25:58 +0000, Ville Muikkula wrote:
>

> Are you using an addon graphics card? It could be that your
> motherboard
> has integrated graphics that are set as the default and are being
> initialized as the primary display. Inspect the ports on the
> motherboard
> carefully and see if you've overlooked an integrated graphics card.
>
> Brian K

The KV8 Pro doesn't come with integrated graphics...you have to have an
graphics card.

Anything else i can do? :(

--
Chibi Goku
Chibi Goku's Profile: http://www.highdots.net/m67
View this thread: http://www.highdots.net/t173471

Wes Newell
February 16th 06, 10:22 PM
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:11:45 -0500, Chibi Goku wrote:

> Hey,
> I have a KV8 Pro Motherboard
> I've connected everything, power turns on, fans works, But my monitor
> won't show anything..it just goes straight to standby. I've tried
> several other monitors but they do the same thing.
> The motherboard shows the 2 LEDs lit one green and one red
> The post code is 9.0
> There's not even a beep.
>
> System Specifications
>
> CPU: AMD Sempron 2600+

You need bios version 23 or later (24) to support this cpu. You bought a
discontinued MB. I suspect it came with an early bios. I think they list
the bios version on a sticker on the board somewhere. If you have an older
bios, you're screwed unless you can borrow an older cpu to flash with.

Ville Muikkula
February 16th 06, 10:38 PM
Chibi Goku > wrote:

> Anything else i can do? :(

Maybe the BIOS version is too old to support your CPU revision?

Chibi Goku
February 17th 06, 11:34 PM
On the motherbaord...it says v1.1...is that old?

--
Chibi Goku
Chibi Goku's Profile: http://www.highdots.net/m67
View this thread: http://www.highdots.net/t173471

Ville Muikkula
February 18th 06, 01:16 AM
Chibi Goku > wrote:

> On the motherbaord...it says v1.1...is that old?

That is the circuit board version. It might be that you have to
troubleshoot the computer by swapping parts into another, working system.