PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP Pro w/SP2 or XP 64 bit

February 14th 06, 02:21 PM
I am currently building a system using the AMD 64 X2 3800+ and MSI
Neo2-F with 4 WD 250Gb Sata Raid drives. Would it be best to load
Windows XP 32 bit with sp2 or XP 64 bit as the os?

Gordon Parmelee III

Gojira
February 14th 06, 07:42 PM
Go with the XP32bit,XP 64 has too many problems with driver support.Better
to wait for Windows Vista to be released for a 64 bit OS.
> wrote in message
> I am currently building a system using the AMD 64 X2 3800+ and MSI
> Neo2-F with 4 WD 250Gb Sata Raid drives. Would it be best to load
> Windows XP 32 bit with sp2 or XP 64 bit as the os?
>
> Gordon Parmelee III

February 15th 06, 05:27 AM
Alright then, guess a fresh install of my current XP Pro w/ sp2 will
be in order then. Least I have all the latest drivers for my vid card
and accessories saved to an external 1394 drive.