PDA

View Full Version : AMD x2 3800 Windows Pro, system freezing

WooHoo2You
February 10th 06, 12:33 AM
I am having problems with my system freezing. Sometimes it will freeze
three or four reboots in a row. Other times it is stable for hours. I have
yet to have any problems with any games (Battlefield 2 and GTA: SA mainly).
Quickly after the system seems completely loaded, it will just stop
responding. I updated my CPU drivers, video, and sound. Installed all
windows updates and nothing. Mobo drivers are up-to-date.

Windows XP SP2 Pro
Asus A8N-SLI Prem
AMD X2 3800
NVIDIA 6800 GS 256 MB
SB Audigy 2 Value
1 Gig Ram (2x512 dual channel)

This is a new PC with very little installed on it.

__
WooHoo2You

General Schvantzkoph
February 10th 06, 12:37 AM
On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 23:33:29 +0000, WooHoo2You wrote:

> I am having problems with my system freezing. Sometimes it will freeze
> three or four reboots in a row. Other times it is stable for hours. I have
> yet to have any problems with any games (Battlefield 2 and GTA: SA mainly).
> Quickly after the system seems completely loaded, it will just stop
> responding. I updated my CPU drivers, video, and sound. Installed all
> windows updates and nothing. Mobo drivers are up-to-date.
>
> Windows XP SP2 Pro
> Asus A8N-SLI Prem
> AMD X2 3800
> NVIDIA 6800 GS 256 MB
> SB Audigy 2 Value
> 1 Gig Ram (2x512 dual channel)
>
> This is a new PC with very little installed on it.
>
> __
> WooHoo2You

How big is your power supply?

WooHoo2You
February 10th 06, 02:48 AM
"General Schvantzkoph" > wrote in message
> How big is your power supply?

Women ask me that constantly.

I just tell them, "450 watts, baby." Could it be the power supply? It would
seem like I would have problems in games as well.

__
WooHoo2You

General Schvantzkoph
February 10th 06, 03:16 AM
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 01:48:20 +0000, WooHoo2You wrote:

> "General Schvantzkoph" > wrote in message
>> How big is your power supply?
>
> Women ask me that constantly.
>
> I just tell them, "450 watts, baby." Could it be the power supply? It would
> seem like I would have problems in games as well.
>
> __
> WooHoo2You

A bad power supply could cause your problems but the thing I would check
first is the RAM. Download memtest86+ and run it overnight. If that works
then I'd check the disk cables.

dawg
February 13th 06, 10:56 PM
"WooHoo2You" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> I am having problems with my system freezing. Sometimes it will freeze
> three or four reboots in a row. Other times it is stable for hours. I
have
> yet to have any problems with any games (Battlefield 2 and GTA: SA
mainly).
> Quickly after the system seems completely loaded, it will just stop
> responding. I updated my CPU drivers, video, and sound. Installed all
> windows updates and nothing. Mobo drivers are up-to-date.
>
> Windows XP SP2 Pro
> Asus A8N-SLI Prem
> AMD X2 3800
> NVIDIA 6800 GS 256 MB
> SB Audigy 2 Value
> 1 Gig Ram (2x512 dual channel)
>
> This is a new PC with very little installed on it.
>
> __
> WooHoo2You

Have you noticed if there is the same pattern every tme.Like the CD drives
being accessed or HD? It could be drawing too much power at a certain time.
Mine would do that when running a game and the CDRW was accessed.It turned
out the CDRW drive was on the same power connector as the video card. Yours
does it at boot up when drives are spinning up.Could be that.