PDA

View Full Version : GA-8IRXP

Michael Fritz
February 3rd 06, 06:49 PM
Hi,

just thinking about spending my GA-8IRXP motherboard a new processor to
gain a little more speed. Do you know which processors can be used above an
Intel 1.6 P4 Northwood?

BTW: I overclocked already this CPU to run at 2GHz. Though it should be a
faster than that - if possible with this board.
--
cu,
Michael

AllenC
February 5th 06, 05:59 PM
In >, Michael Fritz wrote:

>Hi,
>
>just thinking about spending my GA-8IRXP motherboard a new processor to
>gain a little more speed. Do you know which processors can be used above an
>Intel 1.6 P4 Northwood?
>
>BTW: I overclocked already this CPU to run at 2GHz. Though it should be a
>faster than that - if possible with this board.

I've copied the following from this post [http://tinyurl.com/7ba83]:

Check this link:

http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-8IRXP.htm

CPU Support List:
http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/CPUSupportList/CPUSuppor...

BIOS Update:
http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-8IRXP_More.htm

--
*Osc on efnet aka Allen C

remove 'news' & - to email

Michael Fritz
February 6th 06, 09:11 AM
"AllenC" wrote in message
>:

> I've copied the following from this post [http://tinyurl.com/7ba83]:
>
> Check this link:
Allen, thanks for providing these links!

--
cu,
Michael

B. Gibbs