PDA

View Full Version : XCopy

Tim Gordon
February 1st 06, 11:25 AM
Hi,

I've just installed my first AMD Opteron machines running Windows Server
2003 64 bit edition. If I use the Dos command 'XCOPY' to copy from the
local C: drive to another locally attached drive then Xcopy does what it is
meant to do. However, if I use Xcopy to copy files to the local drive from a
mapped network drive then the volume I am copying to gets corrupt. These
machines are connected to the network with dual, teamed fibre cards.

Has anyone else experienced corruption using Xcopy on AMD Opterons or
windows 64 in general?

TIA

Tim

--

I never wish I was not what I was not when I didn't wish what I was not was
not what I am not.

Ed Light
February 1st 06, 12:52 PM
Not sure if this applies -- if you're using a board with the nividia lan
then be sure not to run its firewall, I believe it is. Maybe try a lan card.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Bring the Troops Home:
http://bringthemhomenow.org

Fight Spam:
http://bluesecurity.com

Dazzer
February 1st 06, 08:42 PM
Hum.... interesting........

Don't have any problem with my Nvidia based chipset (NV4) or the firewall.

news:[email protected]