PDA

View Full Version : Switching from Intel to AMD

anon
January 21st 06, 11:24 AM
For a 244759-002 Compaq motherboard. Which processor
can I purchase using standard clocking.

I check with the tech at hp/compaq and they said only a Athlon XP
1700+ (Socket 462 aka Socket A) process would work. I would like
to know is this correct?

Also, could a Athlon Sempron work? If so, what version
would do the trix?

A second question is that this motherboard is a replacement
for a fried Intel motherboard (Cel cpu at 1.3G) with Windows
XP loaded. So, what will I need to do to get the computer up
and running without reinstall all of the software.