PDA

View Full Version : GA-K8N Ultra-9 - Memory Speed Problem

Chalkie
January 20th 06, 04:30 PM
Hi

My motherboard is GA-K8N Ultra-9 with a Athlon 64(Venice)3500 and I am
trying to run 2x Corsair (TWINX1024-3200C2PT)DDR400, that's 4 matching
512 modules. The problem is since I added the extra 2 modules the speed
has gone from 400 to 333 in the BIOS.

Can you help?

Thanks
--
C H A L K I E

old man
January 21st 06, 01:38 AM
I believe that is a common result, for which I havnt seen a cure.
I note corsair config shows 2*1gb modules as reccommended.
Thought of emailing corsair tech? I found them helpfull

"Chalkie" > wrote in message

> Hi
>
> My motherboard is GA-K8N Ultra-9 with a Athlon 64(Venice)3500 and I am
> trying to run 2x Corsair (TWINX1024-3200C2PT)DDR400, that's 4 matching
> 512 modules. The problem is since I added the extra 2 modules the speed
> has gone from 400 to 333 in the BIOS.
>
> Can you help?
>
> Thanks
> --
> C H A L K I E

Gerald Todd
January 24th 06, 09:39 PM
"Chalkie" > wrote in message

> Hi
>
> My motherboard is GA-K8N Ultra-9 with a Athlon 64(Venice)3500 and I am
> trying to run 2x Corsair (TWINX1024-3200C2PT)DDR400, that's 4 matching 512
> modules. The problem is since I added the extra 2 modules the speed has
> gone from 400 to 333 in the BIOS.
>
> Can you help?

Here's how you can manually set the DRAM speed-
1. Enter BIOS, then press control and F1 simultaneously. That will enter
the "hidden advanced options" (see small print mid-page 30 of the user's
manual).
2. DRAM CONFIG
3. Set Timing mode to "manual".
4. Set Memclock index value to 200.

In my case I had to set the CAS to 3 in order to get stability since I was
mixing CAS 2.5 and 3.0 sticks. If you're not sure of the proper CAS setting
you can use Sandra or AIDA32 to check. This should work for you.
Gerald Todd