PDA

View Full Version : No Video on Brand New GIGABYTE GA-8IG1000MK 865G 478

January 17th 06, 08:34 PM
I just recieved and assembled a bunch of brand new parts from newegg:
- Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-8IG1000MK 865G (MINI ATX)
- Memory: MEM 512M|GEIL D400 GE512PC3200B
- Processor: CPU INTEL|P4 2.4A 533M 478P/1MB R
- Case: xCASE ASPIRE|X-QPACK-AL/420 BK/SL R (MINI ATX)

When I boot up, the MB beeps after a second or so, my monitor reacts as
if it's getting a signal and changes resolution, but all I get is
black. This is true for the built on VGA out, and when I installed a
VGA GeForce video card. I moved the memory stick to different slots,
but that didn't help. I also tried using memory from another system
without any luck. All parts are brand new.

Has anyone experienced video problems with this board?

Can someone suggest what I should try next?

- i

Mal
January 18th 06, 09:29 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I just recieved and assembled a bunch of brand new parts from newegg:
> - Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-8IG1000MK 865G (MINI ATX)
> - Memory: MEM 512M|GEIL D400 GE512PC3200B
> - Processor: CPU INTEL|P4 2.4A 533M 478P/1MB R
> - Case: xCASE ASPIRE|X-QPACK-AL/420 BK/SL R (MINI ATX)
>
> When I boot up, the MB beeps after a second or so, my monitor reacts as
> if it's getting a signal and changes resolution, but all I get is
> black. This is true for the built on VGA out, and when I installed a
> VGA GeForce video card. I moved the memory stick to different slots,
> but that didn't help. I also tried using memory from another system
> without any luck. All parts are brand new.
>
> Has anyone experienced video problems with this board?
>
> Can someone suggest what I should try next?
>
> - i

check the CLR_PWD jumper is on ... it says it's only to clear a password but
I'm guessing it's just another way of saying clear the cmos ... some
motherboards get shipped with the jumper set to clear the cmos.

Mal