PDA

View Full Version : Dealer recommendation for a tested mobo/CPU/memory combo ?

Al Dykes
January 10th 06, 01:11 AM
I'm beginning to plan my new system and it will be a dual core AMD64.
I can assemble it from parts myself, but this time I'd just as soon
find a dealer that will sell be a CPU/mobo/memory combo as a tested
assembly.

I've got a case, PSU and the rest of the parts on hand.

Does any mailorder parts dealer do this?

Recommendations ?

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

General Schvantzkoph
January 10th 06, 02:27 AM
On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 19:11:46 -0500, Al Dykes wrote:

> I'm beginning to plan my new system and it will be a dual core AMD64.
> I can assemble it from parts myself, but this time I'd just as soon
> find a dealer that will sell be a CPU/mobo/memory combo as a tested
> assembly.
>
> I've got a case, PSU and the rest of the parts on hand.
>
> Does any mailorder parts dealer do this?
>
> Recommendations ?

MonarchComputer. I got an X2 4400+ system from them and they did a good
job putting it together. They sell tested combos as well as complete
systems.

Steve Young
January 10th 06, 05:18 AM
"Al Dykes" > wrote

> I'm beginning to plan my new system and it will be a dual core AMD64.
> I can assemble it from parts myself, but this time I'd just as soon
> find a dealer that will sell be a CPU/mobo/memory combo as a tested
> assembly.
>
> I've got a case, PSU and the rest of the parts on hand.
>
> Does any mailorder parts dealer do this?

yep

> Recommendations ?

Mwave has been excellent to deal with. I buy the tested bundles, $9 and they
update the bios as well. Great price, good service.
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/Index.hmx?

Toshi1873
January 11th 06, 05:31 PM
In article >, "Steve Young"
<bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet> says...
> "Al Dykes" > wrote
>
> > I'm beginning to plan my new system and it will be a dual core AMD64.
> > I can assemble it from parts myself, but this time I'd just as soon
> > find a dealer that will sell be a CPU/mobo/memory combo as a tested
> > assembly.
> >
> > I've got a case, PSU and the rest of the parts on hand.
> >
> > Does any mailorder parts dealer do this?
>
> yep
>
> > Recommendations ?
>
> Mwave has been excellent to deal with. I buy the tested bundles, $9 and they
> update the bios as well. Great price, good service.
> http://www.mwave.com/mwave/Index.hmx?

Seconded, I regularly take advantage of MWave's tested MB bundles.
Keeps me from spending 2-3 days researching which memory types are
compatible with which motherboard.

Steve Young
January 12th 06, 12:48 AM
"Toshi1873" > wrote

> In article >, "Steve Young"
> <bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet> says...

>> "Al Dykes" > wrote

>> > Does any mailorder parts dealer do this?

>> yep

>> > Recommendations ?

>> Mwave has been excellent to deal with. I buy the tested bundles, $9 and
>> they update the bios as well. Great price, good service.
>> http://www.mwave.com/mwave/Index.hmx?

> Seconded, I regularly take advantage of MWave's tested MB bundles.
> Keeps me from spending 2-3 days researching which memory types are
> compatible with which motherboard.

It's really nice to have all 4 pieces assembled and tested. When it arrives, I
simply drop it into a case and connect. No worries about whether the RAM is
properly seated, or messing up the board by pushing too hard, or an
incorrectly set heat sink. And as you say, there's an implied component
compatibility. Too, DOAs are caught before they are shipped. A very nice
service, well worth the small change.