PDA

View Full Version : GA-K8N-Ultra9 sata Q

old man
January 8th 06, 12:31 PM
Using this bd, updated bios/chipset I have it booting from HD's on a pci
controler card - no ide other sata drives, other than floppy, cd.
Added a sata HD on the mobo Sil port, Sil bios see's the disk and I
configure as JBOD.
Sys will no longer boot, disconnect Sil drive all OK
Tried nForce sata port, sys boots fine, but HD iddentified in disk
Management as 128gb
It is 200gb, and has been verified with manu utilities, I do not have the
big Lba problem - using 2*160gb sata drives identified correctly, so
1) why no boot using Sil, when Sil is not boot device
2) Drive size on nForce?
TY

DL
January 9th 06, 02:24 AM
should mention
Win2Ksp4
"old man" > wrote in message
> Using this bd, updated bios/chipset I have it booting from HD's on a pci
> controler card - no ide other sata drives, other than floppy, cd.
> Added a sata HD on the mobo Sil port, Sil bios see's the disk and I
> configure as JBOD.
> Sys will no longer boot, disconnect Sil drive all OK
> Tried nForce sata port, sys boots fine, but HD iddentified in disk
> Management as 128gb
> It is 200gb, and has been verified with manu utilities, I do not have the
> big Lba problem - using 2*160gb sata drives identified correctly, so
> 1) why no boot using Sil, when Sil is not boot device
> 2) Drive size on nForce?
> TY

old man
January 10th 06, 12:51 PM
Partial cure;
Reinstalled chipset drivers, nForce sata now sees full size
Presumably something went wrong with origonal installation