PDA

View Full Version : Getting hold of Legit Leadtek Videocard bios files. Where ??


Alyssa
January 4th 06, 07:16 PM
Getting hold of Legit Leadtek Videocard bios files. Where ??

I need one for my 6600 Gt to fix the no Component on drivers over
79.11.

Thanks if you can help.

Alyssa
January 4th 06, 08:37 PM
Yeah i found that site. But why do you think the Files can be trusted.
If i want to fash a bios file on a VIDcard will it stop me if its the
incorrect file for the job ??

Never done it before and i dont want to duck it up. And how do i know
whats the latest bios for my card ?

Thanks for nay help.


On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 08:27:41 +1300, "The Black Wibble"
> wrote:

>"Alyssa" > wrote in message
...
>>
>> Getting hold of Legit Leadtek Videocard bios files. Where ??
>>
>> I need one for my 6600 Gt to fix the no Component on drivers over
>> 79.11.
>>
>> Thanks if you can help.
>>
>
>http://tinyurl.com/863a8
>
>Tony.
>

Alyssa
January 4th 06, 09:06 PM
Thanks man. I can;t find a driver thats got a bios number over what i
have. Found one the same though. And i have found a Version 3 driver.
Not sure what that is as it has the same bios number.

I would think its different. What do you think. Anyway to tell if its
different or newer than the biios i have ?

Stil wiating for the Leadtek emal.

Thanks.

Iam also waiting for the password from the driver site so i can log
onto their forums and pester other people :)

Thanks you.


On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 06:37:05 +1100, Alyssa > wrote:

>
>
>Yeah i found that site. But why do you think the Files can be trusted.
>If i want to fash a bios file on a VIDcard will it stop me if its the
>incorrect file for the job ??
>
>Never done it before and i dont want to duck it up. And how do i know
>whats the latest bios for my card ?
>
>Thanks for nay help.
>
>
>On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 08:27:41 +1300, "The Black Wibble"
> wrote:
>
>>"Alyssa" > wrote in message
...
>>>
>>> Getting hold of Legit Leadtek Videocard bios files. Where ??
>>>
>>> I need one for my 6600 Gt to fix the no Component on drivers over
>>> 79.11.
>>>
>>> Thanks if you can help.
>>>
>>
>>http://tinyurl.com/863a8
>>
>>Tony.
>>

The Black Wibble
January 5th 06, 08:27 PM
"Alyssa" > wrote in message
...
>
> Getting hold of Legit Leadtek Videocard bios files. Where ??
>
> I need one for my 6600 Gt to fix the no Component on drivers over
> 79.11.
>
> Thanks if you can help.
>

http://tinyurl.com/863a8

Tony.

The Black Wibble
January 5th 06, 10:37 PM
"Alyssa" > wrote in message
...
>
> Thanks man. I can;t find a driver thats got a bios number over what i
> have. Found one the same though. And i have found a Version 3 driver.
> Not sure what that is as it has the same bios number.
>
> I would think its different. What do you think. Anyway to tell if its
> different or newer than the biios i have ?
>
> Stil wiating for the Leadtek emal.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Iam also waiting for the password from the driver site so i can log
> onto their forums and pester other people :)

That would be the best idea. I helped someone flash a BIOS ~two years ago
but have forgotten much of the process since then. There are a couple of
safeguards in the flash utility to prevent a bad flash, but, it is always
handy to have a PCI gfx card so you can see what you're doing while flashing
the card in the AGP/PCI-e socket with the original BIOS if you rendered it
dead.

Tony.