PDA

View Full Version : Output to TV an Monitor

Andrew Bullock
January 2nd 06, 07:42 PM
Hi

I posted a few days ago about dualview with a gf3ti200, and it seems my
card is not capable of this.

Basically what i want to do is display movies on my TV. At the moment I
have to go through all the display settings to change from Monitor to
TV, which is a right pain because I cant see the TV from where the mouse is!

Without buying a new expensive graphics card, is there a (cheap)
solution to my problem?

i.e. can i buy a simple pci card with tv out, and then get it to display
the same as my main gfx card, but to the tv?

Or is there an inexpensive card that will support dualview, but still
provide me with the same, or better performance as my 3ti200?

Thanks

Andrew

Alyssa
January 2nd 06, 10:04 PM
Get an ATI 1300 Pro. very cheap much better picutre that any NVIDIA
card. And LOT SLOTS more features.

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 18:42:32 GMT, Andrew Bullock
> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I posted a few days ago about dualview with a gf3ti200, and it seems my
>card is not capable of this.
>
>Basically what i want to do is display movies on my TV. At the moment I
>have to go through all the display settings to change from Monitor to
>TV, which is a right pain because I cant see the TV from where the mouse is!
>
>Without buying a new expensive graphics card, is there a (cheap)
>solution to my problem?
>
>i.e. can i buy a simple pci card with tv out, and then get it to display
>the same as my main gfx card, but to the tv?
>
>Or is there an inexpensive card that will support dualview, but still
>provide me with the same, or better performance as my 3ti200?
>
>Thanks
>
>Andrew

Bill
January 2nd 06, 10:44 PM
In article >,
says...

> Get an ATI 1300 Pro. very cheap much better picutre that any NVIDIA
> card. And LOT SLOTS more features.

<snip>

Since when did they make an AGP version of the ATI 1300 Pro?

Bill

Bill
January 2nd 06, 10:49 PM
In article >,
says...
> Hi
>
> I posted a few days ago about dualview with a gf3ti200, and it seems my
> card is not capable of this.
>
> Basically what i want to do is display movies on my TV. At the moment I
> have to go through all the display settings to change from Monitor to
> TV, which is a right pain because I cant see the TV from where the mouse is!
>
> Without buying a new expensive graphics card, is there a (cheap)
> solution to my problem?
>
> i.e. can i buy a simple pci card with tv out, and then get it to display
> the same as my main gfx card, but to the tv?
>
> Or is there an inexpensive card that will support dualview, but still
> provide me with the same, or better performance as my 3ti200?
>
> Thanks
>
> Andrew

You might consider going to a stand alone DVD player for your TV.
They're as low as $30.00USD here. Can't think of anything much cheaper
or easier.

` Bill

Andrew Bullock
January 2nd 06, 11:16 PM
Bill wrote:

> You might consider going to a stand alone DVD player for your TV.
> They're as low as $30.00USD here. Can't think of anything much cheaper
> or easier.
>
> ` Bill

I mean't for divx etc :)

Andrew

Bill
January 3rd 06, 03:23 AM
In article >,
says...
> Bill wrote:
> >
> > You might consider going to a stand alone DVD player for your TV.
> > They're as low as $30.00USD here. Can't think of anything much cheaper
> > or easier.
> >
> > ` Bill
>
> I mean't for divx etc :)
>

> Andrew

Oh now you mention it. In that case standalone Divx players start at
$60.00USD. Still pretty cheap.

Bill