PDA

View Full Version : LCD Monitor widescreen recommendations...

grateful gift ermmm
December 30th 05, 08:04 PM
Looking for a 20" widescreen LCD monitor for gaming purposes....what are the
good/bad ones available?

gimp
December 30th 05, 11:53 PM
grateful gift ermmm wrote:
> Looking for a 20" widescreen LCD monitor for gaming purposes....what are the
> good/bad ones available?

go Dell 2005FPW - very affordable and 30 day guarantuee if you don't
like it ;)

Fishface
December 31st 05, 04:15 AM
grateful gift ermmm wrote:
> Looking for a 20" widescreen LCD monitor for gaming purposes....
> what are the good/bad ones available?

That's less than 10" in the vertical direction. You're giving up
about 54 square inches over a 20" monitor with a 4:3 aspect.
Cut out a piece of cardboard about 9 13/16" x 17". Next, see
how much the 24" monitors cost. Finally, change your mind.

Scotter
December 31st 05, 09:06 PM
I agree. I'm *very* happy with my dual 24" Dell 2405FPW LCDs. Excellent
response time for games, too. Oh and having two of these babies side-by-side
in your office earns you 10 geek points :)
--
Scotter

"Fishface" ?> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> grateful gift ermmm wrote:
>> Looking for a 20" widescreen LCD monitor for gaming purposes....
>> what are the good/bad ones available?
>
> That's less than 10" in the vertical direction. You're giving up
> about 54 square inches over a 20" monitor with a 4:3 aspect.
> Cut out a piece of cardboard about 9 13/16" x 17". Next, see
> how much the 24" monitors cost. Finally, change your mind.

gimp
January 1st 06, 03:06 AM
Fishface wrote:
> That's less than 10" in the vertical direction. You're giving up
> about 54 square inches over a 20" monitor with a 4:3 aspect.
> Cut out a piece of cardboard about 9 13/16" x 17". Next, see
> how much the 24" monitors cost. Finally, change your mind.

i agree also - i actually have a 2405FPW as well ;) heh seems pretty
common these days... i just thought the OP wanted a 20 inch and would
recommend that make of panel.

grateful gift ermmm
January 1st 06, 09:40 AM
"gimp" > wrote in message
> Fishface wrote:
>> That's less than 10" in the vertical direction. You're giving up
>> about 54 square inches over a 20" monitor with a 4:3 aspect.
>> Cut out a piece of cardboard about 9 13/16" x 17". Next, see
>> how much the 24" monitors cost. Finally, change your mind.
>
> i agree also - i actually have a 2405FPW as well ;) heh seems pretty
> common these days... i just thought the OP wanted a 20 inch and would
> recommend that make of panel.

thanks for help - bought the 2405FPW

Deputy Dog
January 5th 06, 10:56 PM
I Have just bought tis Dell 2005FPW which has a resolution of 1680X1050 &
has a DVI terminal & is also supplied with a DVI & VGA cable. In a nutshell
it is a nice piece of kit. I paid 330.00 for mine.