PDA

View Full Version : How to connect VCR to PC

peterwunder
December 27th 05, 07:02 PM
Hallo,

My graphicscard "Gigabyte 6600 GT" has a ViVo. My VCR has a
S-VHS/3Cinch/Scart Adapter from Hama (with In/Out switch) connected.
Switch is set to Out and I have a S-VHS cable connected between adapter
and graphicscard. I'm using PowerDirector (which comes with the
Gigabyte - Microphone is the only possible record device, all others
are greyed out) and VirtualDub. On the PC nothing happens. What's
wrong? Should I use the Cinch and Comp connection instead? Do I need to
enable something on the PC? I have no idea how to get it work. Any help
appreciated. Regards, Peter

The Black Wibble
December 27th 05, 07:54 PM
"peterwunder" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hallo,
>
> My graphicscard "Gigabyte 6600 GT" has a ViVo. My VCR has a
> S-VHS/3Cinch/Scart Adapter from Hama (with In/Out switch) connected.
> Switch is set to Out and I have a S-VHS cable connected between adapter
> and graphicscard. I'm using PowerDirector (which comes with the
> Gigabyte - Microphone is the only possible record device, all others
> are greyed out) and VirtualDub. On the PC nothing happens. What's
> wrong? Should I use the Cinch and Comp connection instead? Do I need to
> enable something on the PC? I have no idea how to get it work. Any help
> appreciated. Regards, Peter

After you've installed the nVidia display drivers you then need to install
the WDM drivers which can be found here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/wdm_geforce_4.13.html

Run VirtualDub, select "Capture AVI" from the File menu; select "nVidia WDM
Video Capture (universal) (DirectShow)" from the Device menu; and finally,
go to Video --> Video Source and select "video SVideo"

Tony.