PDA

View Full Version : HIDef output

grateful gift ermmm
December 25th 05, 12:55 AM
I have a high def TV ... just wanted to know if I connected to it via DVI
would the output be HDTV ?

Current system:

a64 4000 @ 2.6mhz
2 x 512mb G.Skill ddr @ 260x10 1T
Gigabyte 6800 ultra pci-express
win xp pro

Chuck
December 25th 05, 06:47 AM
It depends on what the DVI output is.

"grateful gift ermmm" > wrote in message
> I have a high def TV ... just wanted to know if I connected to it via DVI
> would the output be HDTV ?
>
> Current system:
>
> a64 4000 @ 2.6mhz
> 2 x 512mb G.Skill ddr @ 260x10 1T
> Gigabyte 6800 ultra pci-express
> win xp pro

Sharanga Dayananda
December 25th 05, 06:00 PM
Yes. I belive that most modern Geforce 6s and all GF 7s also support HDCP,
if yer TV set supports it. Check out the forceware manual from
http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/81.98/81.98_ForceWare_Display_Property_User_Guide.pdf
.. This should describe the various TV out options in great detail.

"grateful gift ermmm" > wrote in message
>I have a high def TV ... just wanted to know if I connected to it via DVI
>would the output be HDTV ?
>
> Current system:
>
> a64 4000 @ 2.6mhz
> 2 x 512mb G.Skill ddr @ 260x10 1T
> Gigabyte 6800 ultra pci-express
> win xp pro

J. Clarke
December 28th 05, 02:15 AM
grateful gift ermmm wrote:

> I have a high def TV ... just wanted to know if I connected to it via DVI
> would the output be HDTV ?

That's a definite maybe. Depends on the TV--if it reports its resolution
properly any modern board should come up at whatever its native resolution
is. If it doesn't report it properly then you may have a good deal of
tweaking to do before you can run at native.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate