PDA

View Full Version : P4 Titan GA-81PE1000 - Sound Activation

Aldo
December 16th 05, 05:36 PM
I have an P4 Titan GA-81PE1000 with onboard sound card. I just can't
figure out how to enable the sound? Can anyone give me a clue
please.
Thanks

Udo Kammer
December 16th 05, 09:15 PM
On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:36:09 GMT, (Aldo) wrote:

>I have an P4 Titan GA-81PE1000 with onboard sound card. I just can't
>figure out how to enable the sound? Can anyone give me a clue
>please.

First you must activate the onboardsound running the BIOS. Then you
have to install the drivers from your cd delivered with your
motherboard, restart the PC and you must have sound.

McGrandpa
December 17th 05, 12:26 AM
"Aldo" > wrote in message
m...
>I have an P4 Titan GA-81PE1000 with onboard sound card. I just can't
> figure out how to enable the sound? Can anyone give me a clue
> please.
> Thanks

In the BIOS, enter Peripherals, look at the option for onboard sound, your
choices are AUTO and DISABLE. Set to AUTO. Exit with save. Machine re
boots, in Windows, put mobos driver cd in cd drive, install sound drivers.
If you do NOT have another sound card in the system, you will have the
Realtek audio available.
I just gave my GA-8IPE1000-G mobo to my daughter. I set it up to use the
onboard sound chip. Works fine.
McG.