PDA

View Full Version : Ati or nVidia

December 13th 05, 01:28 PM
Hey guys - simple question (I hope!) for you here:

I've got about 40 to spend on a replacement graphics card as my
GeForce 2 has finally kicked the bucket. Pixel shading and Direct X 9
support seem pretty important so I want my new card ot have them.

Basically, which is the fastest out of the box card (I'm not interested
in any overclocking) at this price range by either nVidia or ATI

Cheers,

Matt

Thomas
December 13th 05, 03:37 PM
wrote:
> Hey guys - simple question (I hope!) for you here:
>
> I've got about 40 to spend on a replacement graphics card as my
> GeForce 2 has finally kicked the bucket. Pixel shading and Direct X 9
> support seem pretty important so I want my new card ot have them.
>
> Basically, which is the fastest out of the box card (I'm not
> interested in any overclocking) at this price range by either nVidia
> or ATI

40$, thats like 60 euro's, right? Well, I'd recommend something like an Ati
9550 or 9600, for that price. Don't expect too much, though ;-)

--
Thomas