PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder Platinum 30 day Trial

December 11th 05, 05:44 AM
Hello!

I installed the 30 days trial (http://www.nvidia.com/object/dvd_decoder_1.02-185-trial.html) for
my NVIDIA GeForce 6800 (AGP; 128 MB) in Windows XP Pro. SP2 (all updates). However, watching my
HDTV recordings (MPEG-2; MPEG) doesn't bring up the NVIDIA task bar like it said in the PDF
manual (http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/dvd_decoder/1.02-185/PureVideo_Decoder_102-185.pdf).
I haven't tried any DVDs because my DVD-ROM drive is out of order at the moment. CPU usage seems
the same with live TV and playing from recordings.

What am I missing? Or do I have conflicts (WinDVD, PowerDVD, etc.) somewhere? Windows XP Video
Decoder Checkup Utility
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=de1491ac-0ab6-4990-943d-627e6ade9fcb&displaylang=en)
says the codec is preferred decoder. I am also using 71.80 NVIDIA driver because the newest ones
cause problems in games and stuff. Don't know why.

Thank you in advance. :)
--
Allah's Apostle said, "Once while a prophet amongst the prophets was taking a rest underneath a tree, an ant bit him. He, therefore, ordered that his luggage be taken away from underneath that tree and then ordered that the dwelling place of the ants should be set on fire. Allah sent him a revelation: 'Wouldn't it have been sufficient to burn a single ant (that bit you)?'" --Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Book 54, Number 536
/\___/\
( )