PDA

View Full Version : Disable Onboard Sound?

Phillip Ian
December 10th 05, 07:37 PM
I have an 8I915P Dua Pro, and I'm trying to debug a problem w/ Flight
Sim 2004 by disabling the onboard sound card and using an older sound
card that I know works.

Thing is, I can't find any option anywhere to disable the onboard
sound. Been through BIOS thoroughly, looked through the jumper listing
in the PDF manual...nothing. Did I miss it somewhere?

Anyone lend a hand here?

Richard Dower
December 10th 05, 08:03 PM
The option has to be there, try hitting Ctrl + F1 for advanced bios options.

"Phillip Ian" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have an 8I915P Dua Pro, and I'm trying to debug a problem w/ Flight
> Sim 2004 by disabling the onboard sound card and using an older sound
> card that I know works.
>
> Thing is, I can't find any option anywhere to disable the onboard
> sound. Been through BIOS thoroughly, looked through the jumper listing
> in the PDF manual...nothing. Did I miss it somewhere?
>
> Anyone lend a hand here?

Jody
December 13th 05, 10:46 PM
"Phillip Ian" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have an 8I915P Dua Pro, and I'm trying to debug a problem w/ Flight
> Sim 2004 by disabling the onboard sound card and using an older sound
> card that I know works.
>
> Thing is, I can't find any option anywhere to disable the onboard
> sound. Been through BIOS thoroughly, looked through the jumper listing
> in the PDF manual...nothing. Did I miss it somewhere?
>
> Anyone lend a hand here?

I THINK it is the Azalia Codec in Integrated Peripherals.

jody

TheGodFather
December 20th 05, 11:27 PM
I have another problem with the same motherboard .
I can not run my sound.
My OS is Windows XP Pro with SP2 and when I try to install C-media
driver or another HDA audio driver I have a message that Microsoft
UAA is not installed. I install this driver bus but the situation is
the same .
When I try to open volume control from Entertainment I have a message
:
"
Ther are njo active mixer device available. To install mixer devices ,
go to Control Panel , click Printers and Other Hardware , and then
click add hardware .
This program will now close
"
Can you explain me what you did to run your audio ?
3 days I can not run it and I'm very angry :))