PDA

View Full Version : CPU Purchase questions...

Jason Ash
December 10th 05, 02:58 PM
I currently have a K8N Ultra-9 motherboard. I'm expecting to get my X-
mas bonus from work in a couple weeks, and am looking at possibly
upgrading my CPU.

My question is, working with a $300-350 price limit, which would give
more "bang for the buck?" I'm looking at either a 4000+ (San diego
core), or a 3800 X2 (not sure on teh core, 2x512Kb cache)

So far, from the benches I've seen, the 4000 would be the better choice,
as I am primarily a gamer, and (so far) games do not benefit over much
from dual-core.

Any comments, suggestions?

Thank you

--
-------------------------------------
Reply to for SPAM only

All others use:
m0ng0l.h0rde @ gmail . com

Remove spaces to send
Thank you
-------------------------------------

jpsga
December 11th 05, 05:45 AM
"Jason Ash" > wrote in message
. 97.142...
>I currently have a K8N Ultra-9 motherboard. I'm expecting to get my X-
> mas bonus from work in a couple weeks, and am looking at possibly
> upgrading my CPU.
>
> My question is, working with a $300-350 price limit, which would give
> more "bang for the buck?" I'm looking at either a 4000+ (San diego
> core), or a 3800 X2 (not sure on teh core, 2x512Kb cache)
>
> So far, from the benches I've seen, the 4000 would be the better choice,
> as I am primarily a gamer, and (so far) games do not benefit over much
> from dual-core.
>
> Any comments, suggestions?
>
> Thank you
>
> --
> Reply to for SPAM only
>
> All others use:
> m0ng0l.h0rde @ gmail . com
>
> Remove spaces to send
> Thank you

I'd still opt for the higher speed San Diego. There doesn't seem to be any
through-put advantage to the dual core.
JPS