PDA

View Full Version : Curious beeps from GA-8KNXP

Bradley Walker
December 8th 05, 05:35 PM
Just last night I started noticed very low tone, soft but brief beeps coming
from the speaker inside my PC case. Mind you, this is not coming from my PC
speakers, but that single magnetic speaker attached to the case. Anyway
every few minutes I get a very soft and low toned *beep-beep* that happens
fairly fast. The system I'm using has been working great for over a year
with no hardware malfuctions or additions.

Is this a symptom of impending hardware failure?

Bioboffin
December 8th 05, 10:42 PM
Bradley Walker wrote:
> Just last night I started noticed very low tone, soft but brief beeps
> coming from the speaker inside my PC case. Mind you, this is not
> coming from my PC speakers, but that single magnetic speaker attached
> to the case. Anyway every few minutes I get a very soft and low
> toned *beep-beep* that happens fairly fast. The system I'm using has
> been working great for over a year with no hardware malfuctions or
> additions.
> Is this a symptom of impending hardware failure?

Could be an overheating alarm (parameters set in the BIOS) caused by either
fan failure or a build up of dust.

John.