PDA

View Full Version : wont boot with ide drive connected

teleman
December 6th 05, 01:32 AM
Hi All have a gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 motherboard am using a sata drive
with windows xp when I try to connect a IDE drive it allways trys to
boot from this drive. Have set IDE drive as master and as slave have
also updated to latest bios but still have problem.

jpsga
December 6th 05, 05:58 AM
"teleman" > wrote in message
.. .
> Hi All have a gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 motherboard am using a sata drive
> with windows xp when I try to connect a IDE drive it allways trys to
> boot from this drive. Have set IDE drive as master and as slave have
> also updated to latest bios but still have problem.

So you changed your boot sequence.

Travis Jordan
December 10th 05, 05:58 PM
teleman wrote:
> Hi All have a gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 motherboard am using a sata drive
> with windows xp when I try to connect a IDE drive it allways trys to
> boot from this drive. Have set IDE drive as master and as slave have
> also updated to latest bios but still have problem.

Change boot order in the BIOS.