PDA

View Full Version : GA-6BXC AGP Speed?

LWeaver
December 5th 05, 01:41 AM
I have a GA-6BXC Version 2.0 board and want to get a AGP video card for
it but can not find out what the board will handle. Is the AGP slot on
this motherboard 1X, 2X etc. Also are the newer video cards backward
compatible to the older AGP speeds. Could someone please help me out
with this information.

Larry

JK
December 11th 05, 04:59 PM
On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 00:41:40 GMT, LWeaver > wrote:

>I have a GA-6BXC Version 2.0 board and want to get a AGP video card for
>it but can not find out what the board will handle. Is the AGP slot on
>this motherboard 1X, 2X etc. Also are the newer video cards backward
>compatible to the older AGP speeds. Could someone please help me out
>with this information.

2x

You can't get a 4x/8x card into the slot. AGP2x uses 3,3 volts, and
newer types use 1.5 volt. So it can be dangerous for both motherboard
and card.

The best you can get is probably a voodoo3. Second hand of course. But
is certainly not a supergamer !

best regards

John