PDA

View Full Version : Continous Beeping on startup

kaiser
December 5th 05, 12:21 AM
(I think I posted this originally in the wrong area so I am trying
again

My flatmate just built a computer. I was helping him since I have
built one before. He has a AMD Athalon 64 3700 ClawHammer Core socket
754, two 512 DDR400 PC3200, K8 Triton Gigabyte technology motherboard,
nVidia 6600, 300gb Seagate 7200rpm, DVD-R

However, when we go to turn it on the monitor light turns green (so it
is receiving something) but it is just a blank screen. The computer
itself just has long beeps continously. I tried putting a jumper on
the CMOS to reset it and when I start it with the jumper there is no
beeping and still no picture on the monitor.

The trouble shooting in the motherboard book said that continous
beeping is DRAM error. I switched out the Memory for my memory (which
works) but didn't change anything. Then I unplugged everything besided

the mother board, cpu heatsink, system fan and memory and still no
change in beeping.

Any suggestions?

Mal
December 5th 05, 10:51 AM
"kaiser" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> (I think I posted this originally in the wrong area so I am trying
> again
>
> My flatmate just built a computer. I was helping him since I have
> built one before. He has a AMD Athalon 64 3700 ClawHammer Core socket
> 754, two 512 DDR400 PC3200, K8 Triton Gigabyte technology motherboard,
> nVidia 6600, 300gb Seagate 7200rpm, DVD-R
>

> However, when we go to turn it on the monitor light turns green (so it
> is receiving something) but it is just a blank screen. The computer
> itself just has long beeps continously. I tried putting a jumper on
> the CMOS to reset it and when I start it with the jumper there is no
> beeping and still no picture on the monitor.
>

> The trouble shooting in the motherboard book said that continous
> beeping is DRAM error. I switched out the Memory for my memory (which
> works) but didn't change anything. Then I unplugged everything besided
>
> the mother board, cpu heatsink, system fan and memory and still no
> change in beeping.
>

> Any suggestions?

does the 6600 have a molex power socket? ... if so is it connected? ... my
6800 emits a constant beep without the molex power cord connected. You
could
also try removing all the memory, if it's a problem with the mobo not
liking
the dimms then you should get the beep code to say there's no memory
rather
than there's a fault with the memory it's found.

It has removed 2936 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

kaiser
January 1st 06, 08:13 PM
thanks...it actually turned out that a pin on his processor was bent.
They bent is back and it works fine now. And his VGA card doens't have
seperate power supply.