PDA

View Full Version : Re: Anybody have 4 GB (ram) in their system ?

McGrandpa
December 4th 05, 03:51 PM
"Odie Ferrous" > wrote in message

>> I have an MSI GNB Max with P4 3.06GHz and 4GB dual channel DDR RAM.
>
> Do you get the full 4GB in Windows?
>
> In my experience, there's no motherboard out there today designed for
> non-workstation chips (i.e. non-Xeon / Opteron) that works 100% - and I
> mean 100% - stable with more than 2GB of memory.

I've been reading about that 'glitch' some myself. Linux 64 bit and XP Pro
x64 are able to because of the increased 'natural' limits of 64 bit code.
For the hardware end, I think quite a number of the system boards are
designed to use the 4 gigs. That's a cheap enough check ;) I'll be doing
that sometime soon, like a month or two.
McG.