PDA

View Full Version : Alarm sounds on GA-6BXE?

Xeno Chauvin
November 27th 05, 01:29 AM
Installed new Antec power supply to this board.
Boots etc BUT sounds an alarm the whole time it's
on.
Antec manual says mobo "may not detect fans running
less than 950 rpm and will sound alarm."
How do I turn off alarm?
Bios chip set features show "Fan Fail Alarm"
have it set to "NO" but alarm still sounds.
Please help.
Xeno

McGrandpa
November 27th 05, 02:40 AM
"Xeno Chauvin" > wrote in message
> Installed new Antec power supply to this board.
> Boots etc BUT sounds an alarm the whole time it's
> on.
> Antec manual says mobo "may not detect fans running
> less than 950 rpm and will sound alarm."
> How do I turn off alarm?
> Bios chip set features show "Fan Fail Alarm"
> have it set to "NO" but alarm still sounds.
> Please help.
> Xeno

CPU temp warning set too low?
McG.

Xeno Chauvin
November 27th 05, 03:25 AM
"McGrandpa" > wrote in message

> CPU temp warning set too low?

Using default of 75C/ 160 F.
The alarm sounds as soon as the "POST" beep ends
with the machine cold.
Xeno

kenshail
December 3rd 05, 06:34 PM
Did you fix this problem.?
I have just resurected a GA-6BXE to run a linux box. It works fine
except for a two-tone sound from the case speaker that wont go away.

I tried quite a few things and the CPU fan is running OK.

kenshail
December 3rd 05, 11:33 PM
Found it!
The new power supply that I fitted did not provide -5 volts.
That appears to be dropped on later PSUs ???
The motherboard still worked but complained about the abscence by
displaying it as -61 volts in the bios. That must have been wrong
because there was nothing connected to the -5volts pin of the
motherboard power connector.
Changing the PSU for one that listed -5v and had a cable going to the
pin cured the problem.