PDA

View Full Version : How to remove display modes?

Quietman
October 30th 05, 04:52 PM
Hi all,

Is it possible to remove display modes from being available in the screen
resolution list?

Reason I ask is because some of the older games O have which require a
parameter such as -w1024 to run at 1024x768 don't work anymore because there
are too many lower resolutions before it. It seems they only recognise the
first 6 or so available resolutions...

I use a 6600GT with 81.85 driver.

Cheers.

First of One
October 30th 05, 07:19 PM
Download the modded 81.85 INF here:
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8021

Open it in Wordpad and search for the key "NV_Modes"; it's about 3/5 the way
down. Delete the resolutions you don't need, but keep the important ones
like 320x240, 640x480, etc. Now, if you reinstall the drivers with this INF
file, you will have fewer display modes available. This does require
reinstalling the drivers.

You *might* be able to find a similar list of settings by searching for
"NV_Modes" in regedit and deleting the modes from there.