PDA

View Full Version : tv out in black and white

sxm
October 29th 05, 10:46 AM
Hi
I have colour tv-out working great from my laptop to one of my TVs. But when
I try on my other TV it is in black and white.
For the tv that works I have it in SVHS mode, but the tv that does not work
does not have a SVHS mode that I can find. It is a LG flatron model no
R2-21FA32X. This is only 2 years old and is a better the than the other tv.
An suggestions?
Should it work in colour in standard AV mode, because it is in black in
white on both tvs in AV mode.

BTW - I have played with most of the options in the "video output format"
and the "format" in "device settings", with no luck.

Much regards
sxm

Sharanga Dayananda
October 29th 05, 11:25 AM
Connect it in AV mode and then:

Then from the nVidia display applet click on the advanced option as shown
here:
http://sparrowhawk.no-ip.info/downloads/image001.jpg

From here select the composite output option:
http://sparrowhawk.no-ip.info/downloads/image002.jpg

See if you still get the picture in b/w. Also make sure that you've set the
colour system correctly for yer TV. NTSC for the US, Japan, South Korea and
Myanmar and PAL for most of the rest of the world.

"sxm" > wrote in message
> Hi
> I have colour tv-out working great from my laptop to one of my TVs. But
> when I try on my other TV it is in black and white.
> For the tv that works I have it in SVHS mode, but the tv that does not
> work does not have a SVHS mode that I can find. It is a LG flatron model
> no R2-21FA32X. This is only 2 years old and is a better the than the other
> tv.
> An suggestions?
> Should it work in colour in standard AV mode, because it is in black in
> white on both tvs in AV mode.
>
> BTW - I have played with most of the options in the "video output format"
> and the "format" in "device settings", with no luck.
>
> Much regards
> sxm

sxm
November 3rd 05, 11:00 AM
thanks for advice, but unfortunately it I still have the problem

I tried every single PAL option there was. Each one came out in b&w.
Also I check my TV for the colour system, I went thought the entire manual
and every menu and there was no way to set any PAL options.

BTW - My nvidia card must be an older version to yours. Mine is FX Go5200
with drivers 6.14.10.4482

Do you have any more suggestions?