PDA

View Full Version : fx 5200 resolution

October 13th 05, 05:25 AM
hi all,

i just got a lcd that supports 1920x1200 resolution, but my fx 5200 for
some reason doesn't list 1920x1200 as a supported resolution, though i
know the chipset does support such resolution. this card comes
together with a dell dimension 4600. any ideas? where i can find a
bios that i might be able to flash such that it would support such
resoltion?

thanks,
kenny.

farmuse
October 13th 05, 06:45 PM
try the generic driver from nvidia, and load the lcd driver too. it
may list that resolution then.

wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i just got a lcd that supports 1920x1200 resolution, but my fx 5200 for
> some reason doesn't list 1920x1200 as a supported resolution, though i
> know the chipset does support such resolution. this card comes
> together with a dell dimension 4600. any ideas? where i can find a
> bios that i might be able to flash such that it would support such
> resoltion?
>
> thanks,
> kenny.

The Black Wibble
October 14th 05, 05:20 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> hi all,
>
> i just got a lcd that supports 1920x1200 resolution, but my fx 5200 for
> some reason doesn't list 1920x1200 as a supported resolution, though i
> know the chipset does support such resolution. this card comes
> together with a dell dimension 4600. any ideas? where i can find a
> bios that i might be able to flash such that it would support such
> resoltion?

NVIDIA Settings includes a facility for adding unlisted resolutions. That's
how I get 1152x864 on my 17" LCD.

Tony.

deimos
October 18th 05, 03:02 AM
wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i just got a lcd that supports 1920x1200 resolution, but my fx 5200 for
> some reason doesn't list 1920x1200 as a supported resolution, though i
> know the chipset does support such resolution. this card comes
> together with a dell dimension 4600. any ideas? where i can find a
> bios that i might be able to flash such that it would support such
> resoltion?
>
> thanks,
> kenny.

In addition to the other replies, you often need a proper monitor/lcd
*.inf file to "install" your display. This is a simple file containing
a device ID for your display, all its different modes and refresh rates,
and other things like a ICM file for color management.

I'm not sure what lcd you have, but here, for example, is the proper inf
for a Dell 2405FPW:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s
=dhs&releaseid=R91058&SystemID=DIM_P4_4600&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=7801&de
vlib=0&typecnt=1&vercnt=1&formatcnt=1&fileid=118667

(Yikes, I'm sorry but you'll have to paste that monster URL back
together in notepad or such).

This one's in a exe file, but it basically just extracts the same
afformentioned files and probably does the install for you. Otherwise
you could do it manually by going to...

Display Properties > Settings > Advanced > Monitor > Properties > Update
Driver

....then navigate to the .inf file and choose your model from the list.

Benjamin Gawert
October 18th 05, 11:20 PM
deimos wrote:

> http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s
> =dhs&releaseid=R91058&SystemID=DIM_P4_4600&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=7801&de
> vlib=0&typecnt=1&vercnt=1&formatcnt=1&fileid=118667
>
> (Yikes, I'm sorry but you'll have to paste that monster URL back
> together in notepad or such).

Not if You put it in "<>"

<http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R91058&SystemID=DIM_P4_4600&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=7801&devlib=0&typecnt=1&vercnt=1&formatcnt=1&fileid=118667>

Benjamin