PDA

View Full Version : Geforce fx 5200 DVI output resoluation can not set to 1920/1200

Paul
October 2nd 05, 05:14 PM
hi, greetings,

I am using a Geforce fx 5200 128M PCI DVI graphics card and a DELL
2405FPW LCD monitor. The problem is, when I connect the LCD via VGA
port, i can set the resolution to 1920/1200, which is the best
resoluation for this LCD. but when I connect it via DVI port, the max
resolution can only be set to 1400/1200.

my OS is winxp sp2 and I believe I have installed the driver properly.

Any comments? thanks.

paul.

Robert Hancock
October 2nd 05, 08:15 PM
Paul wrote:
> hi, greetings,
>
> I am using a Geforce fx 5200 128M PCI DVI graphics card and a DELL
> 2405FPW LCD monitor. The problem is, when I connect the LCD via VGA
> port, i can set the resolution to 1920/1200, which is the best
> resoluation for this LCD. but when I connect it via DVI port, the max
> resolution can only be set to 1400/1200.
>
> my OS is winxp sp2 and I believe I have installed the driver properly.

It's possible that the DVI transmitter on that card is not capable of
such a high resolution..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from