PDA

View Full Version : Encodeing a .ts file to WMV HD or Divx HD how is it done ?

Alice Rembrant
September 30th 05, 06:46 PM
Encodeing a .ts file to WMV HD or Divx HD how is it done ?

Am willing to pay whatever to do it in one step. Ive seen ways of
doing it that require many steps. But would like one progrm to do it.

The files i want to encode are .ts files that are 1440by1080i. Would
want to either keep them at that resolution or convert them to another
HD resolution. But keep themin widescreen.

Ive tried Procoder 2 but it seems not to like the files for some
reason and just refuses to do them. ?

Any ideas.

First of One
October 2nd 05, 03:40 AM
Is the .TS file of interest an encrypted one, from a retail movie DVD?

"Alice Rembrant" > wrote in message

> Encodeing a .ts file to WMV HD or Divx HD how is it done ?
>

> Am willing to pay whatever to do it in one step. Ive seen ways of
> doing it that require many steps. But would like one progrm to do it.
>
> The files i want to encode are .ts files that are 1440by1080i. Would
> want to either keep them at that resolution or convert them to another
> HD resolution. But keep themin widescreen.
>
> Ive tried Procoder 2 but it seems not to like the files for some
> reason and just refuses to do them. ?
>
> Any ideas.

Phil Weldon
October 2nd 05, 06:58 AM
What mechanism and media would you use for recording?

Since High Definition drives are not yet on the market, nor recordable
media, nor even one settled standard? Sony with Blue-Ray arguably has the
best standard technically, but Sony also pushed BetaMax, also a better
standard than VHS. Within a few years Betamax disappeared from the consumer
market, though it lives on as the mechanism for all professional video
cassette recorders. HD stands for High Definition and 1440 X 1080i requires
perhaps four times the storage capacity of MPEG2.

Phil Weldon

"Alice Rembrant" > wrote in message

> Encodeing a .ts file to WMV HD or Divx HD how is it done ?
>

> Am willing to pay whatever to do it in one step. Ive seen ways of
> doing it that require many steps. But would like one progrm to do it.
>
> The files i want to encode are .ts files that are 1440by1080i. Would
> want to either keep them at that resolution or convert them to another
> HD resolution. But keep themin widescreen.
>
> Ive tried Procoder 2 but it seems not to like the files for some
> reason and just refuses to do them. ?
>
> Any ideas.

Alice Rembrant
October 2nd 05, 08:33 PM
Its a .ts captured from a HD tuner card in my pc.

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 05:58:13 GMT, "Phil Weldon"