PDA

View Full Version : Guys need your help, plz !!

Amol via HWKB.com
September 26th 05, 11:24 AM
Guys,i once again need your help !
My card is geforce2 mx/mx 400 and my currently installed driver file is of
2002 supporting directx8.I tried to install all the latest as well as old
drivers of nVidia from 4x.xx to 7x.xx.
When i go to install those drivers,my card hardware doesnt matches with any
of those drivers installed.
when i run the setup file it says "setup was unable to locate any nVidia
graphics chips on this system.The installation will be terminated ".
Plz help me !

Robert Gault
September 26th 05, 02:13 PM
Amol via HWKB.com wrote:

> Guys,i once again need your help !
> My card is geforce2 mx/mx 400 and my currently installed driver file is of
> 2002 supporting directx8.I tried to install all the latest as well as old
> drivers of nVidia from 4x.xx to 7x.xx.
> When i go to install those drivers,my card hardware doesnt matches with any
> of those drivers installed.
> when i run the setup file it says "setup was unable to locate any nVidia
> graphics chips on this system.The installation will be terminated ".
> Plz help me !

The nVidia driver set 45.23 should be a good one for your card although
77.72 might work. To a large extent, success depends on the OS in use.
For example, Win98SE and WinXP don't like the same numbered drivers.

Most likely, you are not installing the drivers correctly. Read the
Readme.txt message that is included with each driver set for the best
installation method based on OS in use.

Sharanga Dayananda
September 26th 05, 08:24 PM
The latest drivers no longer support the Geforce 2 family. You need get an
older driver set from:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html

Go for something like 77.72 from June 2005.

The older drivers offer the best performance from older cards.

"Amol via HWKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Guys,i once again need your help !
> My card is geforce2 mx/mx 400 and my currently installed driver file is of
> 2002 supporting directx8.I tried to install all the latest as well as old
> drivers of nVidia from 4x.xx to 7x.xx.
> When i go to install those drivers,my card hardware doesnt matches with
> any
> of those drivers installed.
> when i run the setup file it says "setup was unable to locate any nVidia
> graphics chips on this system.The installation will be terminated ".
> Plz help me !

BigJIm
September 26th 05, 08:52 PM
first unzip the new drivers to a folder of your choice just remember where
they are at.
Next go into device manager find the listing for your card and click on
properties.
then do an update of drivers from the folder where you unzipped them.
"Amol via HWKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Guys,i once again need your help !
> My card is geforce2 mx/mx 400 and my currently installed driver file is of
> 2002 supporting directx8.I tried to install all the latest as well as old
> drivers of nVidia from 4x.xx to 7x.xx.
> When i go to install those drivers,my card hardware doesnt matches with
> any
> of those drivers installed.
> when i run the setup file it says "setup was unable to locate any nVidia
> graphics chips on this system.The installation will be terminated ".
> Plz help me !

Amol via HWKB.com
September 28th 05, 04:55 PM
Thanks a lot for helping me my friends !!
im really thankful to you guys