PDA

View Full Version : DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA) Patch For WMP10!! crashing alot any help.

Alice Rembrant
September 26th 05, 05:25 AM
DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA) Patch For WMP10!! crashing alot any
help.

Ive got the 6600 GT. And as you know we got screwed on HD
accelleration with the 6600GT we bought the card but we still have to
pay to use it GRRRRRRRR.

Anyway i though i would install this patch and see if it helps. And it
does on about 10% of the files i try. the other 80% just crash WMP :)

Any one having problems with this. I was thinking of a fresh install
of wmp. But how to go about this can i uninstall WMp 10 ?

/ps Also it crashes on NON HD files for some reason.

Thanks for any help.

First of One
September 26th 05, 10:59 PM
There are various ways of showing the video stream in WMP (overlay, legacy,
VMR7, VMR9, etc.). In WMP9 there was a "use video mixing render" option
under Performance -> Advanced. On some cards it had to be unchecked or the
colors go psychedelic. Play around with WMP10's relevant options, change one
thing at a time, until you find something that works. :-)

P.S. I think all WMV-format videos will use hardware acceleration with the
patch installed, not just the HD clips. This is technically a good thing
since a computer video file may have a size or framerate that does not
conform to any broadcast HD standard.