PDA

View Full Version : Omfg My Graphics Card Is Making My Computer Crash

Uchiha_Rukia
September 23rd 05, 09:25 PM
my video/graphics card: nvidia geforce4 mx
windows version- windows xp home edition

my computer is almost 2 years old, but after i reformatted the hd 4
weeks ago, it started crashing 6 days afterwards. windows tells me its
my graphics card driver. i uninstall it, reinstall every possible
driver from nvidia.com

and i try and start it up again- i have to reinstall windows cuz it
wont start up. even after i reinstall windows, it still crashes.
windows says its my speaker audio drivers, and my graphics device
drivers. i upgrade my audio, its ok.

but my video card- my computer still crashes every 5 minutes(with
graphics driver installed, hardware acceleration to none) and it lasts
2 days when i have the driver uninstalled before it starts crashing
again... i think i have to buy a new card.

any help, pplz?

--
Uchiha_Rukia

Sharanga Dayananda
September 24th 05, 10:40 AM
Did you install yer motherboard's AGP GART driver and or chipset drivers?

"Uchiha_Rukia" > wrote in
message .. .

> my video/graphics card: nvidia geforce4 mx
> windows version- windows xp home edition
>
> my computer is almost 2 years old, but after i reformatted the hd 4
> weeks ago, it started crashing 6 days afterwards. windows tells me its
> my graphics card driver. i uninstall it, reinstall every possible
> driver from nvidia.com
>
> and i try and start it up again- i have to reinstall windows cuz it
> wont start up. even after i reinstall windows, it still crashes.
> windows says its my speaker audio drivers, and my graphics device
> drivers. i upgrade my audio, its ok.
>
> but my video card- my computer still crashes every 5 minutes(with
> graphics driver installed, hardware acceleration to none) and it lasts
> 2 days when i have the driver uninstalled before it starts crashing
> again... i think i have to buy a new card.
>
> any help, pplz?
>

> --
> Uchiha_Rukia

DaveW
September 27th 05, 12:10 AM
You didn't say which video driver VERSION you are using.

--
DaveW
__________

"Uchiha_Rukia" > wrote in
message .. .

> my video/graphics card: nvidia geforce4 mx
> windows version- windows xp home edition
>
> my computer is almost 2 years old, but after i reformatted the hd 4
> weeks ago, it started crashing 6 days afterwards. windows tells me its
> my graphics card driver. i uninstall it, reinstall every possible
> driver from nvidia.com
>
> and i try and start it up again- i have to reinstall windows cuz it
> wont start up. even after i reinstall windows, it still crashes.
> windows says its my speaker audio drivers, and my graphics device
> drivers. i upgrade my audio, its ok.
>
> but my video card- my computer still crashes every 5 minutes(with
> graphics driver installed, hardware acceleration to none) and it lasts
> 2 days when i have the driver uninstalled before it starts crashing
> again... i think i have to buy a new card.
>
> any help, pplz?
>

> --
> Uchiha_Rukia

September 29th 05, 04:50 PM
I also have the same problem. I reinstalled the drives for
motherboard. Heres the kcicker. I can't use any drivers but the ones
that come with the card...no newer drivers.

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:10:23 -0700, "DaveW" > wrote:

>You didn't say which video driver VERSION you are using.

Don
October 13th 05, 09:42 PM
I had the same problems. I flashed the bios on my video card and it
works great now. It is very simple to do also. If you want the URLS's
for the stuff let me know.

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 21:25:49 +0100, Uchiha_Rukia
> wrote:

>my video/graphics card: nvidia geforce4 mx
>windows version- windows xp home edition
>
>my computer is almost 2 years old, but after i reformatted the hd 4
>weeks ago, it started crashing 6 days afterwards. windows tells me its
>my graphics card driver. i uninstall it, reinstall every possible
>driver from nvidia.com
>
>and i try and start it up again- i have to reinstall windows cuz it
>wont start up. even after i reinstall windows, it still crashes.
>windows says its my speaker audio drivers, and my graphics device
>drivers. i upgrade my audio, its ok.
>
>but my video card- my computer still crashes every 5 minutes(with
>graphics driver installed, hardware acceleration to none) and it lasts
>2 days when i have the driver uninstalled before it starts crashing
>again... i think i have to buy a new card.
>
>any help, pplz?

Uchiha_Rukia
November 5th 05, 03:29 AM
all i know is that i booted it in safe mode and screwed with the BIOS
for the driver, other settings n stuff, and now its fine o.0 hasnt
crashed since a couple days of my last post.. unless you count when my
brother was being stupid, and i dunno what he did- it crashed, a blue
screen came up saying- preparing to dump phsyical memory(blue screen of
death?)

but i forcefully restarted it, and it was alright after that o.0

but if i have to ever reformat my HD, ill come back here and fix it
that way... cuz then itll erase my settings and ill be screwed again

c ya l8r, and thnx dan-sama

--
Uchiha_Rukia

Uchiha_Rukia