PDA

View Full Version : TwinView and Xinerama on Linux

Tassilo Horn
September 20th 05, 08:14 AM
Hi,

I use Gentoo Linux with the newest nvidia-{kernel,glx}. As DE/WM I use
KDE/KWin 3.4.2. Now that I got a second monitor I use TwinView to
stretch my screen over both monitors. This works ok, but some things
need optimization:

- When I maximize an application window, it gets maximized over both
screens. That's not what I want. I would like the application be
maximized only on _one_ monitor. Is that possible? If yes, how?

- All dialogs which normally would be displayed centered on my screen
now are displayed between the two monitors. (Ok, I know that's the
middle of the screen.) Is it possible to get the dialogs centered on
the monitor which holds the rest of the application?

And as a last question: Is the key to the answers of my questions
Xinerama? Now I have all apps compiled without Xinerama support. Do I
have to recompile with Xinerama support?

Much thanks in advance,
Tassilo

Tassilo Horn
September 20th 05, 03:22 PM
Tassilo Horn wrote:

> And as a last question: Is the key to the answers of my questions
> Xinerama? Now I have all apps compiled without Xinerama support. Do I
> have to recompile with Xinerama support?

The answer is YES.

Regards,
Tassilo