PDA

View Full Version : Contrast on "Player" windows

R Hallman
September 14th 05, 03:51 AM
PNY GeForce FX5200 128MB
ForceWare 77.72
Video BIOS 4.34.20.56.51
AGP 4X
WindowsXP SP2

What settings do I adjust to only affect Windows Media Player, RealPlayer or
QuickTime windows without changing everything else? Most video windows need
to be brighter to bring out the detail.

Dragoncarer
September 14th 05, 05:48 PM
"R Hallman" > wrote in message
> PNY GeForce FX5200 128MB
> ForceWare 77.72
> Video BIOS 4.34.20.56.51
> AGP 4X
> WindowsXP SP2
>
> What settings do I adjust to only affect Windows Media Player, RealPlayer
> or QuickTime windows without changing everything else? Most video windows
> need to be brighter to bring out the detail.

If you have WMP10, open up the player and a video file. Up the top, just
under the 'Now Playing' tab you'll notice a funny green arrow thing. Click
it, go down to enhancements, then select 'Show Enhancements' in that
submenu.

Now down the bottom, underneath the video file, navigate back or forwards
through the various (pointless) 'enhancements' available until you reach
'Video Settings'. Ta-da! You can alter Hue, Brightness, Saturation or
Contrast. Changes are made availble, IIRC, only while the movie is playing,
and I don't think they're saved. So you'll need to adjust the brightness
each time you use WMP, and maybe each time you play a new file even in the
same session.

Happy fiddling!