PDA

View Full Version : Which 6600GT would have the best 2D?

tod
August 30th 05, 08:00 PM
Thinking of getting a 6600GT
I've got a 21" monitor and like working at 1280 X 1024.
Which 6600GT would have the best 2D quality?

tod
August 30th 05, 08:50 PM
I'm currently using an ATI 9600 Pro AIW which has really nice 2D
But I want something with the latest tech for gaming.
A few years back I tried a PNY 5200, which had 2D as good as
the ATI 9100 I was using at the time.
And the 9600 2D is just a touch better then the 9100.

"CeeBee" > wrote in message
2.164...
> "tod" > wrote in
> alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia:
>
>> Thinking of getting a 6600GT
>> I've got a 21" monitor and like working at 1280 X 1024.
>> Which 6600GT would have the best 2D quality?
>

> I guess 2D at 1280x1024 at 21" is basically a piece of cake for _any_
> modern
> card, even a low end one. I wonder if you'd notice the difference in
> performance between higher end cards.
>
> --
> CeeBee
>
> ***The cookie has spoken***

First of One
August 30th 05, 10:29 PM
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/winfastti500/
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/parhelia/page5.asp

Leadtek has been using high-quality 2D filters since the Geforce3 days.
However, as CeeBee pointed out, the difference won't be noticeable at low
resolutions. You'll have to push at least 1600x1200 and compare two monitors
side-by-side to make a judgement.

"tod" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Thinking of getting a 6600GT
> I've got a 21" monitor and like working at 1280 X 1024.
> Which 6600GT would have the best 2D quality?

deimos
September 2nd 05, 12:01 AM
tod wrote:
> Thinking of getting a 6600GT
> I've got a 21" monitor and like working at 1280 X 1024.
> Which 6600GT would have the best 2D quality?

I noticed a very significant increase in overall 2d clarity and image
quality when I upgraded from a generic Apollo FX5700 to a XFX 6600GT.