PDA

View Full Version : Will the LUNA demo run on a 6600GT?

Pro Play
August 28th 05, 08:58 PM
Is it possible for the 7800 Luna demo to run on a 6600GT?
(overclocked 550/1200)

Even if it's just 2 or 3 FPS?

Is it possible.

Sharanga Dayananda
August 30th 05, 09:17 AM
Yes, but the framerate will be in the teens.

"Pro Play" > wrote in message
.. .
> Is it possible for the 7800 Luna demo to run on a 6600GT?
> (overclocked 550/1200)
>
> Even if it's just 2 or 3 FPS?
>
> Is it possible.

Pro Play
August 30th 05, 02:58 PM
Sharanga Dayananda wrote:
> Yes, but the framerate will be in the teens.

I just put together my system yesterday and I'm impressed with the
6600GT (AGP) tremendously.

I have a cheap 24bit sound blaster sound card, a cheap Asrock
motherboard, a cheap 2400+(2Ghz)133Mhz Bus Athlon, 512MB of Kingston
value ram, and an eVGA 6600GT AGP graphics card.

I haven't overclocked anything on my system and I'm getting between 8-16
FPS in the Luna demo with 2x FSAA and 2x AF.

Once I get my Barton 2800+ (512Kb) processor and case fans so I can
overclock the 6600GT I may actually hit in the low 20FPS range.

McGrandpa
August 30th 05, 08:10 PM
"Pro Play" > wrote in message
.. .
> Sharanga Dayananda wrote:
>> Yes, but the framerate will be in the teens.
>
> I just put together my system yesterday and I'm impressed with the 6600GT
> (AGP) tremendously.
>
> I have a cheap 24bit sound blaster sound card, a cheap Asrock motherboard,
> a cheap 2400+(2Ghz)133Mhz Bus Athlon, 512MB of Kingston value ram, and an
> eVGA 6600GT AGP graphics card.
>
> I haven't overclocked anything on my system and I'm getting between 8-16
> FPS in the Luna demo with 2x FSAA and 2x AF.
>
> Once I get my Barton 2800+ (512Kb) processor and case fans so I can
> overclock the 6600GT I may actually hit in the low 20FPS range.

How can you tell the FPS? I just ran it and tried all the options....
McG.