PDA

View Full Version : 6200 AGP bios

Lixon
August 23rd 05, 10:05 AM
Is it ok to flash bios a nv44 core to a nv 43 core of a 6200 AGP. The
eralier versions used to be of the nv43 core, but nowadays they sip
as nv4 core. Please mail me a bios file of nv43 XFX make. The memory
size is 256 MB
--
Composed with Newz Crawler 1.7 http://www.newzcrawler.com/

Conor
August 23rd 05, 12:11 PM
In article s.net>,
Lixon says...
> Is it ok to flash bios a nv44 core to a nv 43 core of a 6200 AGP. The
> eralier versions used to be of the nv43 core, but nowadays they sip
> as nv4 core. Please mail me a bios file of nv43 XFX make. The memory
> size is 256 MB

Why do you want to do this? Its pointless.

--
Conor

The child is grown, the dream is gone.
I have become comfortably numb. - Pink Floyd

Lixon
August 23rd 05, 12:14 PM
8/23/05 4:41:53 PM
Conor > wrote in message

> In article s.
net>,
> Lixon says...
> > Is it ok to flash bios a nv44 core to a nv 43 core of a 6200 AGP.
The
> > eralier versions used to be of the nv43 core, but nowadays they
sip
> > as nv4 core. Please mail me a bios file of nv43 XFX make. The
memory
> > size is 256 MB
> >
> Why do you want to do this? Its pointless.
>
> --
> Conor
>
> The child is grown, the dream is gone.
> I have become comfortably numb. - Pink Floyd
Because in the nv44 core you cant unlock pipelines..while its
possible with the nv43
--
Composed with Newz Crawler 1.7 http://www.newzcrawler.com/

J. Clarke
August 23rd 05, 02:14 PM
Lixon wrote:

> 8/23/05 4:41:53 PM
> Conor > wrote in message
> >

>> In article s.
> net>,
>> Lixon says...
>> > Is it ok to flash bios a nv44 core to a nv 43 core of a 6200 AGP.
> The
>> > eralier versions used to be of the nv43 core, but nowadays they
> sip
>> > as nv4 core. Please mail me a bios file of nv43 XFX make. The
> memory
>> > size is 256 MB
>> >
>> Why do you want to do this? Its pointless.
>>
>> --
>> Conor
>>
>> The child is grown, the dream is gone.
>> I have become comfortably numb. - Pink Floyd
> Because in the nv44 core you cant unlock pipelines..while its
> possible with the nv43

If the _core_ is nv44 then changing the firmware will not turn it into an
nv43, it will just turn your board into a decor item.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Larry Roberts
August 23rd 05, 07:31 PM
On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:35:56 +0530, "Lixon" >
wrote:

>Is it ok to flash bios a nv44 core to a nv 43 core of a 6200 AGP. The
>eralier versions used to be of the nv43 core, but nowadays they sip
>as nv4 core. Please mail me a bios file of nv43 XFX make. The memory
>size is 256 MB

That won't work. You'll kill your card. The extra 4 pipes
where phyicaly removed from the NV44 core. There is none to unlock.

Lixon
August 24th 05, 09:51 AM
8/24/05 12:01:15 AM
Larry Roberts > wrote in message

> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:35:56 +0530, "Lixon" >
> wrote:
>
> >Is it ok to flash bios a nv44 core to a nv 43 core of a 6200 AGP.
The
> >eralier versions used to be of the nv43 core, but nowadays they
sip
> >as nv4 core. Please mail me a bios file of nv43 XFX make. The
memory
> >size is 256 MB
>
> That won't work. You'll kill your card. The extra 4 pipes
> where phyicaly removed from the NV44 core. There is none to unlock.

~ ~ ~ ~ LIXON SAMUEL ~ ~ ~ ~

SENIOR ERP HIRING CONSULTANT

Gender: Male
Location: Bangalore, India.

Please let me know if there are any more noticeabel tweaks that work
on the 6200 AGP apart overclocking
--
Composed with Newz Crawler 1.7 http://www.newzcrawler.com/

Conor
August 24th 05, 03:38 PM
In article s.net>,
Lixon says...

> Because in the nv44 core you cant unlock pipelines..while its
> possible with the nv43

BUT ITS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT CHIP.

Jesus...