PDA

View Full Version : Silly question about 7800GTX power cable

Lee Marsh
August 20th 05, 05:43 PM
Hi All,

Just wondering do most of the 7800GTX graphics cards come with a PCI-E to
MOLEX power converter?
I dont fancy buying a new PSU, as I only recently brought the 580W one I
have for just under 100. Any replies appreciated.

Cheers,

Lee.

First of One
August 20th 05, 08:22 PM
You best bet is to check out some online reviews of the card you are eyeing.
The reviews usually include a photo or text decription of the box contents.

"Lee Marsh" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Just wondering do most of the 7800GTX graphics cards come with a PCI-E to
> MOLEX power converter?
> I dont fancy buying a new PSU, as I only recently brought the 580W one I
> have for just under 100. Any replies appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lee.

Bill
August 20th 05, 09:20 PM
In article >,
says...
> Hi All,
>
> Just wondering do most of the 7800GTX graphics cards come with a PCI-E to
> MOLEX power converter?
> I dont fancy buying a new PSU, as I only recently brought the 580W one I
> have for just under 100. Any replies appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lee.

Why isn't your 580W power supply able to power your 7800gtx?

Bill

Lee Marsh
August 20th 05, 10:00 PM
"Bill" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Just wondering do most of the 7800GTX graphics cards come with a PCI-E
>> MOLEX power converter?
>> I dont fancy buying a new PSU, as I only recently brought the 580W one I
>> have for just under 100. Any replies appreciated.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Lee.
>>

> Why isn't your 580W power supply able to power your 7800gtx?
>
> Bill

Because it does not have a PCI-E power connector, hence the reason for the
question.

Cheers,

Lee.

Lee Marsh
August 20th 05, 10:01 PM
"First of One" > wrote in message
> You best bet is to check out some online reviews of the card you are
> eyeing. The reviews usually include a photo or text decription of the box
> contents.

> "Lee Marsh" > wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Just wondering do most of the 7800GTX graphics cards come with a PCI-E
>> to MOLEX power converter?
>> I dont fancy buying a new PSU, as I only recently brought the 580W one I
>> have for just under 100. Any replies appreciated.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Lee.

Do the majority of them come with the adapter do you know? Or do none of
them come with the adapter? Do they come with them at all in fact? If not
can you buy such a thing?

Cheers,

Lee.

Lee Marsh
August 20th 05, 10:10 PM
"Lee Marsh" > wrote in message

> "First of One" > wrote in message
>> You best bet is to check out some online reviews of the card you are
>> eyeing. The reviews usually include a photo or text decription of the box
>> contents.
>>
>> --
>> "War is the continuation of politics by other means.
>> It can therefore be said that politics is war without
>> bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
>>

>> "Lee Marsh" > wrote in message
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Just wondering do most of the 7800GTX graphics cards come with a PCI-E
>>> to MOLEX power converter?
>>> I dont fancy buying a new PSU, as I only recently brought the 580W one I
>>> have for just under 100. Any replies appreciated.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Lee.
>>>

> Do the majority of them come with the adapter do you know? Or do none of
> them come with the adapter? Do they come with them at all in fact? If not
> can you buy such a thing?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lee.

No worries I have found them now!

Cheers,

Lee.

Bill
August 21st 05, 08:07 PM
In article >,
says...

> "Bill" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > says...
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> Just wondering do most of the 7800GTX graphics cards come with a PCI-E
> >> MOLEX power converter?
> >> I dont fancy buying a new PSU, as I only recently brought the 580W one I
> >> have for just under 100. Any replies appreciated.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> Lee.
> >>

> > Why isn't your 580W power supply able to power your 7800gtx?
> >
> > Bill
>
> Because it does not have a PCI-E power connector, hence the reason for the
> question.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lee.

Duh, not enuff caffiene in the bloodstream. The last couple power
supplies I installed had the connector. I erroneously assumed since you
said it ws a recently purchased P/S that it had one too. Most of the
7800 cards I saw on Newegg did include the adapter.

You can purchase one here:
http://www.cablecity.co.uk/product_info.php?ref=6&cPath=52_64
&products_id=689

http://tinyurl.com/ck4w6

Bill

Lee Marsh
August 21st 05, 08:56 PM
"Bill" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
>>
>> "Bill" > wrote in message
>> > In article >,
>> > says...

>> > Why isn't your 580W power supply able to power your 7800gtx?
>> >
>> > Bill
>>
>> Because it does not have a PCI-E power connector, hence the reason for
>> the
>> question.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Lee.
>>

> Duh, not enuff caffiene in the bloodstream. The last couple power
> supplies I installed had the connector. I erroneously assumed since you
> said it ws a recently purchased P/S that it had one too. Most of the
> 7800 cards I saw on Newegg did include the adapter.
>
> You can purchase one here:
> http://www.cablecity.co.uk/product_info.php?ref=6&cPath=52_64
> &products_id=689
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ck4w6