PDA

View Full Version : ASUS V9520 X

dstefan
August 16th 05, 02:36 AM
I just bought this card for a secondary pc so i donít need a fast
gaming video card. It ran for about an hour before I could smell
something heating up. I touched the case and it was HOT !!!

I opened the case and touched the heat sink on the GPU ....and my
finger prints got melted right off. The damn thing was HHOOTT!!!

Iím no genius but i donít think a Video card should be that hot. This
card does not have a fan on the heat sink. Here is the link and a
picture.
http://usa.asus.com/products/vga/v9520x-td/overview.htm

I went and bought a small fan and mount it on the heat sink. It seems
to be ok now but i canít believe ASUS would build something that
****ty.
Anyone out there experience a similar problem with this product?

HELP !!!

PS for some of you that have the case temp. higher than cpu temp and
you also have this card then you know the cause. :roll:

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Nvidia-ASUS-V9520-ftopict60553.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=305870

Cuzman
August 16th 05, 03:46 PM
dstefan wrote:

" Anyone out there experience a similar problem with this product? "

Everyone with inadequate case airflow has similar problems with
passively-cooled graphics cards.

BigJim
August 17th 05, 07:02 AM
I have that card and put a small fan on the heatsink
news:[email protected] dwareforumz.com...