PDA

View Full Version : 7800GTX CPU Limited?

Me
August 14th 05, 11:02 PM
Want to to a 'long lasting' upgrade and I'm reading this card is CPU
limited (I run a A64 3500+) Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Scott Koprowski
August 15th 05, 12:53 AM
It depends on the game and/or resolution. A 3500+ seems fine to me.

"Me" > wrote in message

> Want to to a 'long lasting' upgrade and I'm reading this card is CPU
> limited (I run a A64 3500+) Any thoughts?
>
> Thank you!

Inglo
August 15th 05, 06:11 AM
On 8/14/2005 3:02 PM Me brightened our day with:

>Want to to a 'long lasting' upgrade and I'm reading this card is CPU
>limited (I run a A64 3500+) Any thoughts?

I was thinking I've never seen anyone ask an intelligent question
regarding a graphics card being CPU limited.

--
"I don't feel tardy"

Steve ¤ģIngloĢ¤
www.inglostadt.com

Doug
August 15th 05, 09:09 PM
This would depend entirely on what game you're playing. For older games you
definitely won't be CPU limited. Considering you've got an A64 3500+ it's
hard to imagine your CPU would ever be the bottleneck -- especially if you
play newer games at ultra-high detail and resolution.

--
there is no .sig
"Me" > wrote in message

> Want to to a 'long lasting' upgrade and I'm reading this card is CPU
> limited (I run a A64 3500+) Any thoughts?
>
> Thank you!

First of One
August 16th 05, 02:46 AM
Highly possible, especially if you have an LCD monitor and are stuck at
1280x1024 maximum resolution.