PDA

View Full Version : SLI and multiple monitor gaming

mangyrat
August 10th 05, 01:09 AM
this was asked in the realtimesoft forum and I was wondering if any one has tried it?

http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/forum/topics.asp?forum=1&tmpl=UltraMon

the only way to do surround gaming was to use matrox cards before but with today's games matrox is way to slow.

any one with a sli board tried running 3 monitors yet? and if so give some info of what you had to do to get your games or 3d app's working across all 3 monitors or if it didnt work at all.

Henrik Tived
August 10th 05, 06:22 AM
as far as I know, with current SLI compatible card, you can not run SLI in dual display (I wish we could, but currently no luck) one screens goes black, I had hoped that the Quadro card would have been able to offer just a bit more over their much cheaper GeForce cards

however, if you want more monitors, just get yourself 2 7800 cards and run 4 monitors

cheers

Henrik
"mangyrat" > wrote in message ...
this was asked in the realtimesoft forum and I was wondering if any one has tried it?

http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/forum/topics.asp?forum=1&tmpl=UltraMon

the only way to do surround gaming was to use matrox cards before but with today's games matrox is way to slow.

any one with a sli board tried running 3 monitors yet? and if so give some info of what you had to do to get your games or 3d app's working across all 3 monitors or if it didnt work at all.

mangyrat
August 10th 05, 11:34 AM
what im thinking is a SLI board with 2 - 6800gt's and then not run them in SLI mode and with 3 monitors. but they would need to be one stretched desk top so it would be like the matrox cards that can do surround gaming

"mangyrat" > wrote in message ...
this was asked in the realtimesoft forum and I was wondering if any one has tried it?

http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/forum/topics.asp?forum=1&tmpl=UltraMon

the only way to do surround gaming was to use matrox cards before but with today's games matrox is way to slow.

any one with a sli board tried running 3 monitors yet? and if so give some info of what you had to do to get your games or 3d app's working across all 3 monitors or if it didnt work at all.

Henrik Tived
August 10th 05, 03:53 PM
I have the parhelia 128 as well which can do the job!
I can try later to run three monitors. A friend of mine ran 4x 19" LCD's of two 6800Ultra as a large square

Henrik