PDA

View Full Version : Best Drivers for GeForce 3

reggie2
August 7th 05, 06:10 AM
I know I should upgrade, but that' can't happen for a while. So, what would
be the best drivers fro a 64 mb DDR GeForce 3. I had a problem with the
77.72 drivers that cased errors with my demos of Half-life 2 & Doom 3. I am
currently running ver. 21.89. which fixed the problem. However, I'd like to
utilize the most current drivers for the card I'm running.
Thanks for any help you can offer!

W????n
August 7th 05, 09:21 PM
"reggie2" > wrote in message
nk.net...
>I know I should upgrade, but that' can't happen for a while. So, what
>would be the best drivers fro a 64 mb DDR GeForce 3. I had a problem with
>the 77.72 drivers that cased errors with my demos of Half-life 2 & Doom 3.
>I am currently running ver. 21.89. which fixed the problem. However, I'd
>like to utilize the most current drivers for the card I'm running.
> Thanks for any help you can offer!

56.72 work great for me.(nvidia drivers)

I am running Gforce3 Ti200 Pro-td128 with no real issues.(Yes, it plays HL2
very well indeed)

In fact, it will be a while before I drop some bucks to replace this freakin
jammin' card!!

Best money I spent at the time.

Please dont reply saying that I am way outdated. That is obvious.

DaveW
August 8th 05, 12:10 AM
You most likely can run the 45.23 driver, but nothing newer or the card will
be unstable as you saw.

--
DaveW

"reggie2" > wrote in message
nk.net...
>I know I should upgrade, but that' can't happen for a while. So, what
>would be the best drivers fro a 64 mb DDR GeForce 3. I had a problem with
>the 77.72 drivers that cased errors with my demos of Half-life 2 & Doom 3.
>I am currently running ver. 21.89. which fixed the problem. However, I'd
>like to utilize the most current drivers for the card I'm running.
> Thanks for any help you can offer!

Mikey S.
August 8th 05, 12:17 AM
Hi;

PSU's RATED at 350 (rated, not 300 known to output up to 350) of even of the
best brands are at best VERY MARGINAL w. 6600GT's of any brand.

Are you what is known in the trade "a tough nut to please"?

Some shops with good affluence won't argue much with such customers. Takes
time, time's money.

I use 430's or 450's BRANDED PSU's as a "MI"nimum.

Less than 1 in 300 vid. cards sold is actually problematic out of the can.

Mikey S.
August 8th 05, 12:26 AM
"Blue Faced" as response went to wrong query.
Should have gone to: "Dead 6600Gt x2".
Humble apologies.

dawg
August 8th 05, 10:17 PM
45.23. Best set of drivers nvidia has put out.The GF 3 has no features that
are not used with these drivers.
I've had to go back to them twice to play some DX8 games. One was Gothic
2,the other is Sacred. Both times the graphical glitches cleared up
completely.

nk.net...