PDA

View Full Version : temperature problem question

Riccardo Bacchiorri
August 3rd 05, 09:48 PM
Hi,

I have a 6600 GT graphic card and after 20 minutes of play, my pc go to
shutdown. I checked the temperature of cpu, hardisk, memory, mainboard but
these were normal! How can I tweak my graphic card to check the temperature
? I try to install NVTweak or Forceware Coolbits 2.0, but in the NVIDIA
PROPERTIES does not appear the the temperature dialog.

Help me please

Riccardo

Andrew
August 4th 05, 05:57 PM
"Riccardo Bacchiorri" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a 6600 GT graphic card and after 20 minutes of play, my pc go to
> shutdown. I checked the temperature of cpu, hardisk, memory, mainboard but
> these were normal! How can I tweak my graphic card to check the
> temperature
> ? I try to install NVTweak or Forceware Coolbits 2.0, but in the NVIDIA
> PROPERTIES does not appear the the temperature dialog.
>

> Help me please
>
> Riccardo

Some card manufacturers disable the temperature monitor in the video card
BIOS as a means of limiting the overclocking that might occur if users could
check their temperatures. It is possible to unlock this feature, I did on
my 6600 standard AGP card. Post back with card make etc or do a Google.com
search.

Andy