PDA

View Full Version : 2003 server and RivaTuner.

Mr.X
July 26th 05, 11:52 PM
How do i make RivaTuner work for opening pipelines in windows 2003 server?
Is it possible?
Works fine on Win XP Pro..

/Mr.X

Phil Weldon
July 27th 05, 01:27 AM
'Mr.X' wrote:
| How do i make RivaTuner work for opening pipelines in windows 2003 server?
| Is it possible?
| Works fine on Win XP Pro..
_____

Why should you want to?
Windows 2003 Server is, well, a server. An 800 X 600 16-bit color 2D board
ought to do.

Phil Weldon

"Mr.X" > wrote in message
> How do i make RivaTuner work for opening pipelines in windows 2003 server?
> Is it possible?
> Works fine on Win XP Pro..
>

> /Mr.X

Mr.X
July 27th 05, 01:48 AM
"Phil Weldon" > skrev i meddelandet
nk.net...
> 'Mr.X' wrote:
> | How do i make RivaTuner work for opening pipelines in windows 2003
server?
> | Is it possible?
> | Works fine on Win XP Pro..
> _____
>
> Why should you want to?
> Windows 2003 Server is, well, a server. An 800 X 600 16-bit color 2D
board
> ought to do.
>
> Phil Weldon
>
> "Mr.X" > wrote in message
> > How do i make RivaTuner work for opening pipelines in windows 2003
server?
> > Is it possible?
> > Works fine on Win XP Pro..

Did i ask for any suggiestions what card i should use?
I have a Leadtek 6800, and i like it.
But i would like to "unlock" the rest of the pixel/vertex pipelines, just
like i'm able to do in Win XP Pro.
Anyone who has done that in 2003 server?

/Mr.X

Mr.X
July 27th 05, 01:50 AM
"Phil Weldon" > skrev i meddelandet
nk.net...
> 'Mr.X' wrote:
> | How do i make RivaTuner work for opening pipelines in windows 2003
server?
> | Is it possible?
> | Works fine on Win XP Pro..
> _____
>
> Why should you want to?
> Windows 2003 Server is, well, a server. An 800 X 600 16-bit color 2D
board
> ought to do.
>
> Phil Weldon
>
> "Mr.X" > wrote in message
> > How do i make RivaTuner work for opening pipelines in windows 2003
server?
> > Is it possible?
> > Works fine on Win XP Pro..

BTW, one reason for using 2003 server is that its much more stable for
overclocking..
I'm a hardcorefreak..

/Mr.X

Gee
July 27th 05, 06:26 AM
Hi,
Have you tried the latest driver, I think it's 77.72.
How does server 2003 play games by the way???

"Mr.X" > wrote in message

> "Phil Weldon" > skrev i meddelandet
> nk.net...
> > 'Mr.X' wrote:
> > | How do i make RivaTuner work for opening pipelines in windows 2003
> server?
> > | Is it possible?
> > | Works fine on Win XP Pro..
> > _____
> >
> > Why should you want to?
> > Windows 2003 Server is, well, a server. An 800 X 600 16-bit color 2D
> board
> > ought to do.
> >
> > Phil Weldon
> >
> > "Mr.X" > wrote in message
> > > How do i make RivaTuner work for opening pipelines in windows 2003
> server?
> > > Is it possible?
> > > Works fine on Win XP Pro..
> > >

> BTW, one reason for using 2003 server is that its much more stable for
> overclocking..
> I'm a hardcorefreak..
>

> /Mr.X

Larry Roberts
July 27th 05, 08:29 AM
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 00:27:50 GMT, "Phil Weldon"
> wrote:

>'Mr.X' wrote:
>| How do i make RivaTuner work for opening pipelines in windows 2003 server?
>| Is it possible?
>| Works fine on Win XP Pro..
>_____
>
>Why should you want to?
>Windows 2003 Server is, well, a server. An 800 X 600 16-bit color 2D board
>ought to do.
>
>Phil Weldon

I used Win2003 a while back, and found it to be much like
Win2k. It ran all 3D games just fine. It's not as good for games as
WinXP is, but IMO, I really didn't see much of a difference. Both
Win2k, and Win2003 run games that WinXP does. Only gripe I have is
that my soundcard sounds ****ty than when I use it under Win9x, or
WinXP.

Mr.X
July 27th 05, 09:07 AM
"Gee" > skrev i meddelandet
> Hi,
> Have you tried the latest driver, I think it's 77.72.
> How does server 2003 play games by the way???
>
> "Mr.X" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Phil Weldon" > skrev i meddelandet
> > nk.net...
> > server?
> > > _____
> > >
> > > Why should you want to?
> > > Windows 2003 Server is, well, a server. An 800 X 600 16-bit color 2D
> > board
> > > ought to do.
> > >
> > > Phil Weldon

> > server?
> > > >

> > BTW, one reason for using 2003 server is that its much more stable for
> > overclocking..
> > I'm a hardcorefreak..

2003 Server run games fine, just like Win XP..
The only problem is that i can't "unlock" the hardwaremasked
pixel/vertex-pipelines with RivaTuner as i am able to do in W2K and XP..
I'm trying to set some highscores in 3DMark, and could really have use for
them pipes..
BTW, i run Forceware 77.72..

/Mr.X

Gee
July 27th 05, 10:43 AM
I see that 77.76 is out maybe this will help.
Download from
http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_winxp_2k_77.76.html