PDA

View Full Version : Asus EN6600 GT

Stefano Ferrante
July 24th 05, 10:23 PM
Hi all,
I have an odd question:
Does the above mentioned video card need an auxiliary power connector or
does it just use the pci express slot?

I know it sounds strange, if I ask it after installing it, but I need to
know it...I don't remember having seen any auxiliary power connector and
while reading the instructions sheet tonight I was unable to understand
this...it is too generic.

Tia,
Stefano

Conor
July 24th 05, 10:57 PM
In article >, Stefano Ferrante
says...
> Hi all,
> I have an odd question:
> Does the above mentioned video card need an auxiliary power connector or
> does it just use the pci express slot?
>
> I know it sounds strange, if I ask it after installing it, but I need to
> know it...I don't remember having seen any auxiliary power connector and
> while reading the instructions sheet tonight I was unable to understand
> this...it is too generic.

If there's a socket on it that looks like it takes a connector the same
as plugs into your HDD, then yes. Also the first time you try to run a
3D game, it'll tell you.

--
Conor

DaveL
July 25th 05, 04:59 PM
It does NOT have an external power connector. The PCI-E slot has enough
power for this card.

DaveL

"Stefano Ferrante" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I have an odd question:
> Does the above mentioned video card need an auxiliary power connector or
> does it just use the pci express slot?
>
> I know it sounds strange, if I ask it after installing it, but I need to
> know it...I don't remember having seen any auxiliary power connector and
> while reading the instructions sheet tonight I was unable to understand
> this...it is too generic.
>
> Tia,
> Stefano

Stefano Ferrante
July 25th 05, 05:46 PM
"DaveL" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> It does NOT have an external power connector. The PCI-E slot has enough
> power for this card.
>
> DaveL

Thank you.
I really did not want to open the case and turn my pc upside down to
check...

Stefano