PDA

View Full Version : XFX 6600 AGP - Green Artifacts

flash13ny
July 23rd 05, 01:35 AM
I just upgraded to:
XFX 6600 256 MB - AGP from the XFX 5200 AGP

at the same time, Iíve upgraded my monitor to the Dell 20" LCD
Widescreen.

I started with the latest driver (77.72) and all works fine, Windows,
World of Warcraft, DVD playback etc.

But when I went to open up some AVIs of TV shows I downloaded, I can
hear the show, and see it for a second but then the video box goes
green and flickers green with traces of the show behind it. I can
pause it and its in full color, but when I play it - green.

I tried drivers version 71.89 and 71.84 - same thing

Thing is, I have a PCI ATI Radeon 7500 for a second monitor and the
video plays back on it just fine.

Iím using Winamp for playback, but this occurred with Windows Media
Player as well.

Any ideas? Iíd really expect, after the $ I dished out, that I could
do everything without a hassle on the 20" LCD and the new video card.

thanks

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Nvidia-XFX-6600-AGP-Green-Artifacts-ftopict59342.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=300484

DaveL
July 23rd 05, 05:52 PM
What version of Windows Media player?

DaveL

"flash13ny" > wrote in message
news:[email protected] dwareforumz.com...
>I just upgraded to:
> XFX 6600 256 MB - AGP from the XFX 5200 AGP
>
> at the same time, Iíve upgraded my monitor to the Dell 20" LCD
> Widescreen.
>
> I started with the latest driver (77.72) and all works fine, Windows,
> World of Warcraft, DVD playback etc.
>
> But when I went to open up some AVIs of TV shows I downloaded, I can
> hear the show, and see it for a second but then the video box goes
> green and flickers green with traces of the show behind it. I can
> pause it and its in full color, but when I play it - green.
>
> I tried drivers version 71.89 and 71.84 - same thing
>
> Thing is, I have a PCI ATI Radeon 7500 for a second monitor and the
> video plays back on it just fine.
>
> Iím using Winamp for playback, but this occurred with Windows Media
> Player as well.
>
> Any ideas? Iíd really expect, after the $ I dished out, that I could
> do everything without a hassle on the 20" LCD and the new video card.
>
> thanks

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Nvidia-XFX-6600-AGP-Green-Artifacts-ftopict59342.html
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=300484

Paul Clarke
July 23rd 05, 08:29 PM
"flash13ny" > wrote in message
news:[email protected] dwareforumz.com...
>I just upgraded to:
> XFX 6600 256 MB - AGP from the XFX 5200 AGP
>
> at the same time, I've upgraded my monitor to the Dell 20" LCD
> Widescreen.
>
> I started with the latest driver (77.72) and all works fine, Windows,
> World of Warcraft, DVD playback etc.
>
> But when I went to open up some AVIs of TV shows I downloaded, I can
> hear the show, and see it for a second but then the video box goes
> green and flickers green with traces of the show behind it. I can
> pause it and its in full color, but when I play it - green.
>
> I tried drivers version 71.89 and 71.84 - same thing
>
> Thing is, I have a PCI ATI Radeon 7500 for a second monitor and the
> video plays back on it just fine.
>
> I'm using Winamp for playback, but this occurred with Windows Media
> Player as well.
>
> Any ideas? I'd really expect, after the $ I dished out, that I could
> do everything without a hassle on the 20" LCD and the new video card.
>
> thanks

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Nvidia-XFX-6600-AGP-Green-Artifacts-ftopict59342.html
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=300484

It is nothing to do with your video card drivers, you are having problems
because you do not have the correct codec installed.

The two most common codecs - DivX and Xvid are freely available on the
internet. A quick search using your preffered search engine should help you
to locate them.

bardman
December 4th 05, 03:52 PM
Paul Clarke wrote:
> "flash13ny" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected] dwareforumz.com...
>
>>I just upgraded to:
>>XFX 6600 256 MB - AGP from the XFX 5200 AGP
>>
>>at the same time, I've upgraded my monitor to the Dell 20" LCD
>>Widescreen.
>>
>>I started with the latest driver (77.72) and all works fine, Windows,
>>World of Warcraft, DVD playback etc.
>>
>>But when I went to open up some AVIs of TV shows I downloaded, I can
>>hear the show, and see it for a second but then the video box goes
>>green and flickers green with traces of the show behind it. I can
>>pause it and its in full color, but when I play it - green.
>>
>>I tried drivers version 71.89 and 71.84 - same thing
>>
>>Thing is, I have a PCI ATI Radeon 7500 for a second monitor and the
>>video plays back on it just fine.
>>
>>I'm using Winamp for playback, but this occurred with Windows Media
>>Player as well.
>>
>>Any ideas? I'd really expect, after the $ I dished out, that I could
>>do everything without a hassle on the 20" LCD and the new video card.
>>
>>thanks
>>
>>--
>>Posted using the http://www.hardwareforumz.com interface, at author's
>>request
>>Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
>>Topic URL:
>>http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Nvidia-XFX-6600-AGP-Green-Artifacts-ftopict59342.html
>>Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
>>http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=300484
>

> It is nothing to do with your video card drivers, you are having problems
> because you do not have the correct codec installed.
>
> The two most common codecs - DivX and Xvid are freely available on the
> internet. A quick search using your preffered search engine should help you
> to locate them.

I have a link to a nvidia site
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=181&p_created=1102011824&p_sid=P4kc2dWh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9OCZwX3Byb2RzPTAmcF9jYXRzPTAmcF9wdj0mcF9 jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9mbmwmc F9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD02NjAw&p_li=&p_topview=1
Artifacts are appearing in DX games with the GeForce 6600 GT AGP. WHat
can I do about this?
Answer

The issues that some users have reported seeing when using the GeForce
6600 GT AGP are due to a driver bug which causes 3D corruption when this
GPU is used with certain motherboards, most notably SIS motherboards.

We have verified a fix for this bug and have posted a new driver, 67.03,
which can be downloaded from nZone.
ps it works i had a game area 51 I had corruption big time with this
driver everything works hope this helps
bardman