PDA

View Full Version : 7800: Tech Report


Nada
July 20th 05, 04:12 PM
"The 7800 GTX slices through Doom 3 like a Michael Jackson attorney
through a public prosecutor's case."

Interesting Ian
July 20th 05, 08:07 PM
"Nada" > wrote in message
...
> "The 7800 GTX slices through Doom 3 like a Michael Jackson attorney
> through a public prosecutor's case."

OIC, is it cheap?

Quaestor
July 20th 05, 08:12 PM
Nada wrote:

> "The 7800 GTX slices through Doom 3 like a Michael Jackson attorney
> through a public prosecutor's case."


So it's crooked and weird and everyone knows it, but you can't make
anything stick because they so damn rich?

--
Godwin is a net-nazi

First of One
July 20th 05, 11:51 PM
"and almost as hard on the wallet, too"

--
"War is the continuation of politics by other means.
It can therefore be said that politics is war without
bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."


"Nada" > wrote in message
...
> "The 7800 GTX slices through Doom 3 like a Michael Jackson attorney
> through a public prosecutor's case."

Dragoncarer
July 21st 05, 03:20 AM
"Quaestor" > wrote in message
...
> Nada wrote:
>
>> "The 7800 GTX slices through Doom 3 like a Michael Jackson attorney
>> through a public prosecutor's case."
>
>
> So it's crooked and weird and everyone knows it, but you can't make
> anything stick because they so damn rich?
>

See, at first the simile made sense and sounded cool, but really upon
further dissection you can see why most people should just stay away from
making wildly bizarre ones, such as this.

lol...

> --
> Godwin is a net-nazi

Quaestor
July 21st 05, 03:48 AM
Dragoncarer wrote:

>"Quaestor" > wrote in message
...
>
>
>>Nada wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>>"The 7800 GTX slices through Doom 3 like a Michael Jackson attorney
>>>through a public prosecutor's case."
>>>
>>>
>>So it's crooked and weird and everyone knows it, but you can't make
>>anything stick because they so damn rich?
>>
>>
>>
>
>See, at first the simile made sense and sounded cool, but really upon
>further dissection you can see why most people should just stay away from
>making wildly bizarre ones, such as this.
>
>

I realize it's a bit over your head. WAY over your head.

--
Godwin is a net-nazi

Dragoncarer
July 21st 05, 09:31 AM
"Quaestor" > wrote in message
...
> Dragoncarer wrote:
>
>>"Quaestor" > wrote in message
...
>>
>>>Nada wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>"The 7800 GTX slices through Doom 3 like a Michael Jackson attorney
>>>>through a public prosecutor's case."
>>>>
>>>So it's crooked and weird and everyone knows it, but you can't make
>>>anything stick because they so damn rich?
>>>
>>>
>>
>>See, at first the simile made sense and sounded cool, but really upon
>>further dissection you can see why most people should just stay away from
>>making wildly bizarre ones, such as this.
>>
>
> I realize it's a bit over your head. WAY over your head.
>

Ah...no...it isn't. It really isn't. I was agreeing with *your* post! The
original quoted simile is so wackily bizarre and funny, and lends itself to
stupidity as soon as you dissect it, as you did. I meant, at first glance
the simile sounds smart, topical, true, but then when you think about it...
Oh whatever. I know that I know what you meant anyway.

> --
> Godwin is a net-nazi

Folk
July 21st 05, 05:11 PM
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:12:44 +0300, Nada
> wrote:

>"The 7800 GTX slices through Doom 3 like a Michael Jackson attorney
>through a public prosecutor's case."

Scott comes up with some great zingers. How about this one from a
review of AMD's Athlon 64 4000+ and FX-55 processors...

"Neither of these chips sells in any kind of volume, and they both
cost more money than a French diplomat can siphon off of a U.N.
oil-for-food program on a slow afternoon."